Toyota FT-86

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
The motor report tested both and got about .3-.5 of a sec difference in a 0-100 time. The differences between the 370z in terms of luxury is night and day.

There are several different models of the skyline, see here: http://www.jlimports.com.au/nissan-skyline-v36-370gt-coupe

If you can pick up a extremely low Km grade 4A with log books this is as good as new for a lot less than new. Makes sense to me?

The Type S is the one that interests me:

Four-wheel aluminium-caliper opposed-piston brakes designed to optimise the stroke at low speed and provide secure stopping power at higher speeds (four-piston calipers on the front wheels and two-piston calipers on rear wheels),

VDC (Vehicle Dynamic Control) which uses sensors to reduce over/under-steer by applying brake pressure or cutting power from individual wheels, four-wheel active steering (4WAS), a speed-sensitive hydraulic power steering system, the standard 4-wheel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) also includes Electronic Braking Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist (BA), while Intelligent Brake Assist is available as a manufacturer option.

19 inch wheel and tyre package (225/45R19 front, 245/40R19 rear)

Sports tuned suspension and aluminium pedals.

Also available with unique front bumpers and matching side sill spoilers

Choice of a 5-speed automatic (with paddle shift) or 6-speed manual transmission.

1-demo.jpg

Ugly as sin? I guess its a matter of taste

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
If you can pick up a extremely low Km grade 4A with log books this is as good as new for a lot less than new. Makes sense to me?

But how much are they NEW ?

Again, you're comparing the price of a brand new car with a 2nd hand grey import.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
I would take an 86 over a skyline regardless of price, they are totally different cars. One is a sported up luxury cruiser and the other is a true sports coupe, might as well be comparing apples with bananas. Anyway lets not get back into the 86 vs megane/bmw m3/skyline debate, we already know the 86 is best regardless of what anyone else thinks lol :D

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I'm starting to think that the 86, with the Rocket Bunny/6666 Customs widebody kit, might be the best looking car ever built in the history of the universe.

They just look RAW. Like an 86 should.

334510_232307520228348_1353500995_o.jpg

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
No idea what they cost new? Meh, whatever... Back to the 86.

The tuners are making progress. A new gtx35r kit made over 500whp on a stock engine I read on another forum a few days ago.

We just got off the dyno with our FRS. This is our Stage 1 with a bigger turbo. Our kit is designed to run anything from a Gt28, Gt30, Gt35r. We decided to skip the 30r and get get straight to business with the GTX35R.

This kit is still in the prototype stages and will likely be our stage 3 with upgraded intercooler, bigger injectors and so on.

Our Stage 2 will consist of the Gtx30r. We have gathered enough data from this project that we can now start building those kits for those who wish for big power.

Surprisingly the stock motor is holding up for now. We are working on a built motor for when this one fails. I am very impressed with it in stock form.

Here's the setup

FBM BRZ/FRS Stage 1

- FBM EL Turbo manifold
- Garrett GTX35r with Tial V-band housing
- FBM Aluminum intercooler Piping with couplers
- FBM 3" V-band Downpipe
- FBM 550hp Intercooler
- FBM Intake Pipe
- FBM Dump tube
- Tial 50mm BOV
- Tial 44mm Wastegate
- FBM 1000cc injectors
- FBM 270LPH Pump
- FBM Dual slim fans
- Clutch masters FX400

See here: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?p=482264

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
I got to have a look at and sit in one of these today... quite a nice, low seating position and pretty much everything just falls to hand. Really made me miss my S2 RX-7 :(

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
I'm starting to think that the 86, with the Rocket Bunny/6666 Customs widebody kit, might be the best looking car ever built in the history of the universe.

They just look RAW. Like an 86 should.

Yeah, the RB one looks amazing.

AY0F3277.jpg

AY0F3332.jpg

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Everyones different, I think the RB looks like sh*t.
I saw an STI version at super lap- that was very, very nice

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
So as all of you (hopefully) know, my VR4 is for sale. You should probably buy it. In its place I've bought an 86 GT. I picked it up Saturday. It looked like this:

P6285617-1_zps3fe291fe.jpg

Now it's Wednesday and it looks like this: (Sorry about the noisy photo - rushed early morning job)

P7025716-2_zpsbfba64e4.jpg

Basic specs are RS*R Super Down springs, Work XSA 02C (18x8 +38 front, 18x8.5 +30 rear, Advan AD07 225/40s all around), Invidia Q300 cat back exhaust, LED DRLs, HIDs etc. More specs & photos will be on my website soon. Been too busy building the car to post...

Hope you guys like.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
If you get the chance, buy one. Or at least take a test drive. It really is an amazing car. Numbers don't do it justice.

M0R81U5

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mick
Drive
PFL Legnum
Nice Tim. Whats the plans for it? Please tell me there is a Rocket Bunny in your foreseeable future?

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
If you get the chance, buy one. Or at least take a test drive. It really is an amazing car. Numbers don't do it justice.

How does it compare to your gallant for acceleration and feel of general handling?

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
How does it compare to your gallant for acceleration and feel of general handling?

Acceleration is nothing like the Galant. It's adequate, but the Galant's much quicker in a straight line. The 86 is easily the best handling car I've ever driven though. It's magical.

Nice Tim. Whats the plans for it? Please tell me there is a Rocket Bunny in your foreseeable future?

Sorry, nope! Car is almost finished, for now at least. The mod list is pretty extensive but they're mostly small, subtle parts. I just wanna have a car that's loads of fun, built to my specs, and that attracts only positive attention. So far so good.

Or maybe some forced induction?

Highly doubt this will ever happen. I love the whole 86 mystique and the key factor in that for me is the N/A power. My AE86 is staying N/A for that reason too. I will likely go with HKS headers and a tuned ECU down the track, try to push around 170kw at the engine. That would be amazing. To me, the 86 is a car that needs enough power to make the most of the chassis and that's it.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Yeah, you're probably right. What does Evo Magazine know? I mean, they only spent 5 days and 1,600klms with the car. And it's not like they test cars for a living or anything.

But if you disagree with them, please, tell us what you found when you tested the car. Please also tell us how long and how far you drove the car (with the traction control on, presumably). :p:p

Hehe, just reading through this thread. Guess I can respond to this post now. :LOL:

Top Bottom