1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
Which is your question:
- Do wider non standard wheels cause tram line?
- Do wider non standard wheels still tram line like stock?

I have 18" Evo X GSR rims, they occasionally tram line a little but my R34 Skyline was way worse. Previously I had some Enkei 18" x 7.5 wide rims and didn't notice any difference in tram lining or any other suspension issues.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
I think the camber and toe settings you run be a factor not just the tyre width. My Leggy with 225's tram lines a lot more than my GTR did with 255's.

The leggy toe settings are to help the slug-like 4wd turn whereas the Gtr particularly the rear were to keep it more stable at the rear.

Hope that helps

snuff vr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Adrian
Drive
2JZ Cressida
2JZ Prado
Miss VR4's
My car was quite bad until I replaced the front lower straight arms/ball joints with genuine items. The difference it made was incredible! Drives perfectly straight. Running Evo6 oz wheels

Kenneth

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Kenneth
Drive
1999 Galant VR-4
I have only ever had proper tram lining when there have been issues with suspension parts wearing (inner rack ends were the worst)

I have noticed that wheel offset makes quite a difference to how "light" the steering wheel feels though.

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
I have noticed that wheel offset makes quite a difference to how "light" the steering wheel feels though.

Is there any obvious formula to this e.g. wider track decreases, narrower track increases symptoms?

Kenneth

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Kenneth
Drive
1999 Galant VR-4
Is there any obvious formula to this e.g. wider track decreases, narrower track increases symptoms?
Yes, the higher the offset the less solid the steering feel. Classic result of reducing scrub radius though, so nothing unusual there. I wouldn't want to try and do low-speed turns with no power steering with the +25 offset wheels :p

Top Bottom