Tramonta R-Edition with 720hp

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
tramontana-r.jpg

Mercedes 5.5L Twin Turbo V12

tramontana-r_8.jpg

tramontana-r_19.jpg

tramontana-r_24.jpg

tramontana-r_25.jpg

Full details are out now on the a.d. Tramontana R-Edition, a supercar from Catalan marques Tramontana. Based in Girona, Spain, about an hour north of Barcelona, the Tramonta Group rolled out the new €385,000 beast in a press conference at company HQ.

The R-Edition is a big step forward compared to the "base" Tramontana. It has a center-mounted bi-turbo 5.5-liter V12 from Mercedes-Benz that is tuned to give the driver 550 hp and 890 Nm of torque. However, hitting one control in the cabin turns the already powerful engine into a speed demon that boosts up to 720 horsepower while producing 1100 Nm.

With those kind of power figures, the car manages a 0-100 km/h time in 3.6 seconds, while clearing 200 km/h in 10.15 seconds. Speed is electronically limited to 325 km/h.

At 1260kg, the company shave over 90 kg from their original car. This is while the rear-hinged removable roof is still attached. Outside, you will notice the car's daytime LEDs, xenon headlights, with fog lights integrated in to the large front splitter. The car has a more modest rear wing than you would expect, with a third brake lamp neatly tucked away. Massive air intakes on the sides show this car for what it is: a true racecar, only meant to scarcely be driven on public streets.

Inside, the driver is fed information through two customizable LCD panels which are used to replace gauges. The driver has access to controls which adjust the traction control to one of four settings, and the all-important power boost control that gives the extra jolt to the rear wheels. Air conditioning and audio equipment are also within easy reach for the driver. A 1+1 configuration has the passenger seated slightly elevated and right behind the driver. There is even a small compartment barely big enough for two mobile phones.

The company plans to build 12 units of the car annually. Unfortunately, the a.d. Tramontana R-Edition will not make an appearance at the Geneva Motor Show this year. The company will take the supercar to the Top Marques Monaco show in April.

Lots of pictures here (Incl high-res):
http://www.worldcarfans.com/109022517356/tramontana-r-edition-with-720hp-officially-unveiled

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
So it says in the article, that hitting a button seems to add 200hp more.. So, maybe a killswitch for the twin turbos just like the Mad Max supercharger?

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
Given its stripped out racer for the road look, it's surprisingly heavier (1260kgs) than I anticipated.

It looks Zonda-ish from the rear and F1 from the front.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
Imagine rocking up to a track day with that lol

I'm here on business, serious business.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
I didn't think it was that hot, but I thought it looked cool.. It appealed to the prominent kid inside me and it's really fast so that got my attention more lol

The looks could def be worked on though!

Caveman

Crunching Gears
First Name
Paul
Drive
2000 Galant VR4 Type V
They test drove / reviewed it in the last series of Fifth Gear.

They were under close supervision though, and didn't get to cut loose on a track or anything. :(

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Maybe the engine turned it ugly. Here's my reasoning:

mercedes-benz-slr-mclaren-sea.jpg

God that's putrid.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
nah paris hilton has one so it has to be stylsh

doesnt it?

oh thats right, it f**king paris hilton, what a mole lol

SLR is butt

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I know the front is meant to evoke F1 cars, but unfortunately for me it evokes the Ford Edsel...

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
To me it's got that 'function over form' engineering beauty. It's hard to explain, but I find when they take that function over form concept to its extreme, cars often become quite attractive.

Top Bottom