Transit Damage

pitmac

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Peter McCallum
Drive
EC5A
Has anyone incurred transit damage importing their car and having trouble claiming on Seaway Agencies to make good.?

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
That's a tricky one, Pete. Unless you're talking about substantial damage, its pretty hard to tell if there's been scratches or chips caused by the shipping company when you're usually not even going to SEE the car until its been shipped, complied and often shipped AGAIN. So unless you've got very detailed photos of a particular area from before it left Japan that clearly show a discrepancy you're unlikely to even KNOW if they chip or scratch it... And even if you do, was it done on the boat, in the compliance centre, on a truck? Can you prove it?

Quite the can of worms, really. Personally I'm just gonna sit tight and hope like hell I get the car in good condition and go from there.

If something major happens to the car during any of that process, you ARE insured for it, though :)

G

Unregistered
shhhhhh! my car is on a truck now.. (to adelaide)

i wont be using seaway to send it from adelaide to perth however...

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Yea they're all container ships, not vehicle transports... and even if something like that happened, the cars are insured for it :)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
The only problem is that with my car that is on a boat at the moment, there is only 160 of them ever, not something common like a VR-4 :)

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
The only problem is that with my car that is on a boat at the moment, there is only 160 of them ever, not something common like a VR-4 :)

Not common, 'Popular'... :)

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
My car was very damaged while still in Japan :mad:. Fortunatly I hadn't paid for it yet so the guys in Japan will keep it and wreck it out.

On a brighter note I got a new one today :D
Black 2000 Galant VR4, 55k, right price and shitty looking wheels.

Anyway in my 10years working with imports this is only the forth one I have ever heard get badly damaged.

I cant get the pic's small enough to post, any ideas??

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Yea host them on Photobucket or a similar image hosting site and link back to them using image tags (you can copy and paste such a line from under the hosted photo once you get it up), don't try to upload them directly to the forum :)

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Cheers Trev :D

I suck at the interweb

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
not good to hear, glad you found another one though

cant wait to see pics of the damage? how much damage are we talking, Hail damage or someone drove into the side with a forklift damage?

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
Apparently reversed a forklift thingo into the r/h front corner wrecking the gaurd, bonnet, headlight and bending the chassis rail. Musta been a fast forklift? IMO someone crashed it fucking around.

G

Unregistered
doesnt need to be fast.. those things weigh a few tonnes.
i wouldnt play chicken with one, even if it is only doing 10km/h, thats for sure!

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
I'm going through KIPS (Kiwi Car Carrier's insurance) with a claim for damage to one customer's Legnum. Looked like a forklift scrape across the front of the car, front bar, bonnet, guard, headlight damaged. They don't make it easy to claim, but it looks like we will be getting money back for it.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Jesus that sounds nasty! Hmm Kris will Shogun let me know if there's any damage to our cars? Or will we just have to wait until we get them to find out??

G

Unregistered
My car didny come damaged but it had things taken out of including and item that was attached to the centre of the dash

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
You're joking?! Now THAT'S a bit poor... Was it an important / expensive component? Like a stereo?

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Trev - if you ring them when the car gets there, ask Ben at Shogun to check it over, and compare it to what it was supposed to be like.

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
Happens fairly often unfortunatly Ryan. Turbo timers, boost gauges and yes sometimes even stereos, but mostly gauges.
Oddly we have alot of lock nut keys go missing, just really annoying

Top Bottom