Translation help? - Japanese sticker next to door handle

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
if you stupid white man put car through car wash with rear spoiler, it falls off and we laugh at white man hahaha

(yes it actually says that the rear spoiler will fall off if you put it through a car wash)

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
hehe.. funny that joke doesn't relate to me..

on a serious note.. doesn't that sticker say something about the car being turbocharged and it shouldn't be revved too much while stationary?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
dunno about that one. I do have a manual here for VR-4's and it does make mention of driving easily for the last 60 seconds of running the car.

G

Unregistered
Another serious note: I always thought it was something about airbags:confused:

I know it's not the turbos because ours (the missus) legnum isn't turbo but that sticker was there.

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
The airbag on should be on your sunvisor, from memory. That sticker really is about the rear spoiler.

G

Unregistered
I'm wondering about removing this sticker as one edge has already started to peel. Have others here removed theirs or just left it in place? Does it leave a mark if removed?

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Yes it leaves a mark due to the surrounding trim discolouring at a different rate... Unless your car spent its life in a garage ;)

G

Unregistered
Couldn't help myself.. one corner was peeling anyway so I removed the sticker carefully. It's barely noticable where it was on my car so the trim must not have faded much. If anything where the sticker was it looks a more dull, matt finish and the rest looks a bit shinier. I didn't damage the sticker so can always consider gluing it back on somehow if it bothers me.

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
i noticed that too, its just more dull where the sticker was...

Lasiorhinus

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Stephen
Drive
White FL Legnum
Rather than speculating, can you post a photo of the sticker, and I will translate it for you.

And please send me a PM when you do, otherwise I might not notice

G

Unregistered
As mentioned above, it says don't go through the automatic car wash or it'll rip your rear spoiler off.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Just for people's curiousity, I have a pre-facelift & I always go through automatic carwashes with no troubles at all (Laserwash, CarLovers etc).

Top Bottom