Transport SA giving me more grief

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Today was meant to be the day where I head over to transport sa, fill out a temp permit to drive an unregistered vehicle, pay the fee, then drive to regency, get the id check done, and an inspection, and then I can go get it registered.

But now I am being told that I need to make a booking with regency, so I rang them to make a booking, and then they said I need to fill out an Imprort Approval Form (the title is "APPLICATION FOR EXEMPTION FROM THE FITTING OF A COMPLIANCE PLATE" which makes no sense, as my car has a compliance plate fitted). I also need to send my vehicle import approval from dotars.

Then once Ive done that, then they send me some sortof checklist, and then once Ive received that I can make a booking.

I was told its a simple matter of going down there, without a booking, takes about an hour and its done.

Why such the headfuck then!!!!

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
You do need to book in, it usually isn't that bad though. I'm not sure about the Imprort Approval Form unless it's the paperwork they get you to fill out while you are there.

"APPLICATION FOR EXEMPTION FROM THE FITTING OF A COMPLIANCE PLATE" i can't remember this for or having to do this with mine.

To be honest it sounds like you just had a mole or wanker on the phone. I'd call them again and try and speak to someone else. Make sure you have your car stamped on the car, near the strut is usually the best on top.

Unless things have changed in the 2 months since I was there, I didn't need to do anything until I was there after simply booking in a time...

Oh and when you're there bring a book or something cos they're always running a hour behind...

Good Luck,

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
so I sent through my paperwork via email, and then the guy emailed me back straight away and said, "oh your car went through a raws, thats all good, just bring the car down and we will do an ID check"!!!!

So now I have to make another bloody trip back to transport sa to get a temp pemit.

Its good news though.

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
Good luck with that! It's always a hassle - I wasted close to two full days messing with Vic Roads - but well worth it in the end!

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
so I sent through my paperwork via email, and then the guy emailed me back straight away and said, "oh your car went through a raws, thats all good, just bring the car down and we will do an ID check"!!!!

So now I have to make another bloody trip back to transport sa to get a temp pemit.

Its good news though.

only just noticed this. THOSE FUC..err i men BLOODY MONKEYS!!!!!

i swear there is no limit to their stupidity at times. Glad they realised their mistake before you headed down there though Simon.

Top Bottom