Turbo back exhausts

cam1754

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
cameron
Drive
1996 galant vr4
ok i have stock ECU,front mount,boost tap and cat back exhaust.Next thing i want to do is turbo back exhaust/dump pipes.I am curious about doing this because i worried about it creating too much boost and hitting fuel cut all the time. My mate did his exhaust on his aristo and it did this exact thing.do our cars face the same fate or are we able to do this without aftermarket ecu???

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
I think the only way it will hit boost cut is if you are already near that level and then add the front pipes. You will definitely notice some sort of boost increase but i doubt that if your running stock boost with those mods and add front pipes you will gain 5-8 psi
This mod is fine for the factory ecu.
Have you seen This thread?

cam1754

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
cameron
Drive
1996 galant vr4
yea i seen that thread. im getting mine made by a company up here called stainless customs. they done all my work so far and its very tidy.ill prob have to wind my boost tap down a bit but as long as there is no dramatic boost increase , it should be sweet

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
You will be fine with the exhaust, unless as Trevor already said you are very close to boost cut already as the amount of air flow will increase slightly. Your power levels will go up though.

cam1754

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
cameron
Drive
1996 galant vr4
i think they are quoting me around 800 if i go full stainless. not sure yet. might get just steel yet for around 550.and yea im running about 13-14 psi so i might back that off a bit first too

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
fto with 6A13TT & bf xr6 turbo
sorry guys would not go back to stainless steal customs in townsville if you paid me,done shitty job when i did my fto conversion and well over charged.have to change all piping now as all designed wrong by them, sorry but there shit,

Top Bottom