Turbo lifespan

anphoto

Crunching Gears
First Name
Alan
Drive
1998 Legnum Super VR-4 in Red :D
Hi Guys, what's the expected life expectancy of the twin turbo motor? sorry if this has been asked elsewhere, i couldn't see the question. I don't want to buy a high mileage car, only to find i have to replace the turbos :S

Thanks, you guys have been so helpful, i've listed my 300ZX for sale in numerous places, i really want a VR4 Now :D

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
I don't recall anyone on here having any turbo problems yet and there's a few members getting to and surpassing 150k

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
There are members of ClubVR4 in the UK with over 200,000kms, some over 300, with perfectly fine turbos. The worst (common) things in these cars are the transfer case seal in the auto and the plastic top caps on the rads splitting away from the core. As long as you keep the car well serviced (lubes, filters and periodically renew everything rubber) and look after it the major components will effectively last forever :)

G

Unregistered
I wouldn't worry about the turbos they are bush bearing and quite cheap and easy to rebuild, but you will probably get the bug and want to replace them before that happens...

G

Unregistered
over here at ozvr4 the bug has bitten numerous times.lol

Top Bottom