Tyre Recommendations?

bundyk

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Gallant Type V (almost stock)
2001 Pajero
Hi all, just fitted a set of Bridgestone RE003's to the Galant, and so far they are awesome. They seem to be very quiet, give great grip in the wet and dry and, for what they are, are definitely cheap enough. Had 4 205/55/16 fitted and balanced for $540.

Have driven other cars with them fitted as well and i was very impressed, hence why they went on the Galant.

As for price comparison, they were $135 each, the Achilles ATR Sport 2 was $90 each for those looking at a cheaper alternative in that size. The car had Achilles ATR's on it, and the RE003's are proving to be far better, well worth the extra money IMO. The Achilles were replaced as they were getting very greasy in the wet, they were still legal, just slippery.

I'm more than happy to recommend the RE003's to anyone.

Gav

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
Galant
In was thinking of getting a set after my current ones die. But not looking forward to the price tag for 235/40/18's

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
I've been very impressed by KU39's. had them on my GTR and 2 sets on the Legnum. Quite progressive in the dry, Very very good in the wet

MatiLP640

5W4G0N
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
1999 Black Legnum VR4
Hmm so maybe Ill tell something as well ;) I bought Nexens N6000 235/45/17 they were I think $93 each. I had those tyres before and I liked them a lot but it was NA 2.5L with only 150KM and FWD. I gave a go with Legnum as well and Im impressed, especially on wet. On dry many tyres are good but a lot of them in wet are really bad. With those Nexens never had any stress situation and Im driving pretty hard. A lot of mountains runs as well and they dont want even squeal. I can highly recommend them and also they have good looking tread pattern if any one looking on this ;)

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
Bridgestone are doing the 4 for 3 deal again including the Potenza range.

bundyk

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Gallant Type V (almost stock)
2001 Pajero
Of course they are......a week after I just bought 4

rockerpeller

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
Will
Drive
TJII Magna VRX
2000 VR4 Galant Type V manual
I'm enjoying the RE003s. They've been on the car for the last week and a bit. Haven't really pushed them, due to the awesome weather, but they seem really grippy, and I haven't found the squeal limit yet in the short stints I actually do put the pressure on.
Wouldn't mind trying a set of Fed RS-Rs, just for curiosity sake, when its time to replace these.

Top Bottom