Universal Brembo Adaptors..

G

Unregistered
it can be made to fit.. its just a piece of metal that will bolt up to brembo's, and you get them drilled to whatever your hub spacing is.

looks like its for certain types of brembo's however, which will likely need to be bought new, as they bolt through the top, down into the adaptors.
but if you look at brembo's off a EVO/GTR, etc.. they have the 'tabs' cast on to them.

it's probably just as expensive/difficult as putting FL hub carriers into a PFL, and then you can use any brakes that are made for an evo, including some alot better than brembo's.

i personally think brembo's are overrated, yes they do make some awesome kits, but the factory brembo's on most cars aren't all that great.
i know its not worth getting brembo's over the factory 4/2 pot R33 brakes, and whilst they are an upgrade for legnum/galants, i personally think there are better options for the money, especially when you need to buy new pads, rotors, check the calipers for wrecked dust seals etc.. that can approach 2k... whereas you can get a brand new set of G4 8 pots for that money. ;)

g4brakekitcomplete.jpg

*drools*

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
but how reliable are these sets?

i'd rather pay extra $1000 just to make sure that my brakes wouldn't fail on me..

G

Unregistered
they are a REAR set off a porsche, they look pretty big though, lol
they will fit those adaptors you mentioned before... thing is you will probably need a custom rotor, or something like a DBA5000, with a custom hat to put the disc in the calipers as those adaptors, and the VR4 hubs might move the calipers, and being a 'universal' item, wont have a certain rotor for it.

those G4 brakes are alot better than factory skyline brembo's i've heard.. i know some people using them on their track cars, so they cant be too bad.
they use a variety of pads, including alcon, ap racing, brembo, etc.. you you have prently of choice, and prices.. whereas brembo pads can be quite pricey.

that said though, get more opinions on them, i know i would never take one persons word for something :)

G

Unregistered
i think if you using your car for the street the brembo's are fine if you can afford them.. i have a series 1 legnum and im not going to bother with brembo's im just goning to get bigger slotted and cross drilled rotors better pads and change all brake lines for braided lines.. that should be great for what i want the car for.. end of the day its all up to you.. i would go the G4 over the brembo's alot of people use them for track work.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Are those G4s available for series 1 and/or 2?

A lot of people on CVR4 swear by the brembos

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
I doubt they'll work on the fronts as the brembo spacing and the PFL spacing is so close that the lugs actually overlap. The brackets I mean.

MPBVr4

Crunching Gears
First Name
Malc
Drive
1997 Vr4 Galant Type S
i think if you using your car for the street the brembo's are fine if you can afford them.. i have a series 1 legnum and im not going to bother with brembo's im just goning to get bigger slotted and cross drilled rotors better pads and change all brake lines for braided lines.. that should be great for what i want the car for.. end of the day its all up to you.. i would go the G4 over the brembo's alot of people use them for track work.

Apparently "Carbotech XP8" pads work really well in the standard calipers
with upgraded rotors. Don't know if you have a dealer in OZ?

Top Bottom