Universal joint needs replacement

blkcar

Crunching Gears
First Name
lem
Drive
VR4 Galant
My Universal joint has gone & I'm chasing a new one was going to give Ralliart NZ a call but before I do so. Can these be sourced locally? Do they match another uni on other mitsubishi's? Whats the part number for the item?

Surely a few of you have replaced yours already.

Thanks,

Lem

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
lem - search is your friend. if you are looking for ball joints, this has been covered a millions times.

blkcar

Crunching Gears
First Name
lem
Drive
VR4 Galant
man really!? I'm not very good at searching then. I'll try again.

blkcar

Crunching Gears
First Name
lem
Drive
VR4 Galant
Sorry about this but I'm confused. Been all over here & Club VR4. Should I be searching for U Joint? Ball joint? CV Joint? Tie rods ends?

My searching is producing no fruits. Any more direction would be much appreciated.

G

Unregistered
Post up a photo of the part you are talking about, or at least a bit more of a description of which it is.

blkcar

Crunching Gears
First Name
lem
Drive
VR4 Galant
My mechanic told me the rear right uni joint was stuffed. Which is confirmed by the grinding sound when cornering quickly to the right. I thought it would be a quick find on here but it seems theres a few items being to refered to.

G

Unregistered
Pull that driveshaft out and take it along to a place that reconditions them and ask if they can fix it up. They will be able to tell you if you need to order anything specific (like the boot for example) or whether it's a universal fitment. If they have the parts it should cost about $100 to re-co it, otherwise get a list from them of what you need, look it up in ASA to confirm the parts & numbers and get in touch with Bill from Ralliart NZ.

blkcar

Crunching Gears
First Name
lem
Drive
VR4 Galant
Yeah its a CV will post up a part number & price once fixed or add it to the parts list once done.

Top Bottom