snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Hey everyone,

Per the title, I'm looking for an assistant, or assistants, to help next week over the long weekend with some serious business. My engine (potentially) crapped it's pants, and I've got another one ready to be installed. But, I need to remove the old one from my car and then install the new one. And to make it even more entertaining, I've also got another gearbox and transfer case to go in too! A whole transplant job.

It's a shit load of work, but I've got a whole workshop with every tool under the sun at my disposal. Two hoists, tools, cranes, lifts you name it. What I don't have though, is some extra sets of hands. And that's what I'm really looking for.

So, if anyone on here who has some mechanical aptitude (Or if your just keen to learn) and would like to help out then stand up and be counted! But only if you're serious, I don't want people who just want to stand around and talk shit or look pretty as it's going to be messy work. (y)

What I'd really love is for another VR4 to be there for referencing too seeing how bloody messy these engine bays are!

Here are some pictures of my progress so far:

Engine disconnected from the frame
003.jpg

From the top
004.jpg

Some of the parts waiting to be used or sold
005.jpg

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
This was posted 6 hours ago and still no offers of help?

Shame on you Victorians!!!

This man keeps this forum alive, least you can do is help the man out when in need!! :angry:

smitty

Sm'arter than the aver'age bear...!
First Name
Alex
Drive
98 FL Galant Type S Manual, FG XR6, VY Acclaim, MQ Triton GLS
Only reason I haven't replied sooner is I didn't see this thread. I'm in, Steve, whatever help you need.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
I would be there In a heart beat if I were local. I would love to get my hands dirty on a job like this.

And I may have missed it Steve but what happened to your engine & gearbox?

CLuTZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andre
Drive
C73A Lancer GSR, G6E Turbo MK2
What area? Depending on workloads I may be able to pop down and lend a hand

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
This was posted 6 hours ago and still no offers of help?

Shame on you Victorians!!!

This man keeps this forum alive, least you can do is help the man out when in need!! :angry:

LOL! Chill out dude! It was Saturday night and I didn't really expect to see any replies until Monday/Tuesday seeing as most of our guys spend their time on here when they should be working ;)

But thanks for sticking up for me Lee :D

As for location? It's in Heidelberg near Latrobe Uni of Watterdale road. Actually, I'll just link a map:

[GMAP]<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&amp;source=s_q&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=&amp;q=56a+mologa+rd+heidelberg&amp;sll=-25.335448,135.745076&amp;sspn=54.092637,114.169922&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;cd=1&amp;hq=&amp;hnear=56A+Mologa+Rd,+Heidelberg+West+Victoria+3081&amp;ll=-37.730316,145.048799&amp;spn=0.005957,0.013937&amp;z=14&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&amp;source=embed&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=&amp;q=56a+mologa+rd+heidelberg&amp;sll=-25.335448,135.745076&amp;sspn=54.092637,114.169922&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;cd=1&amp;hq=&amp;hnear=56A+Mologa+Rd,+Heidelberg+West+Victoria+3081&amp;ll=-37.730316,145.048799&amp;spn=0.005957,0.013937&amp;z=14" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>[/GMAP]

I would be there In a heart beat if I were local. I would love to get my hands dirty on a job like this.

And I may have missed it Steve but what happened to your engine & gearbox?

My engine has been acting like a pig for months with a suspected blown headgasket which has lead to some serious issues with with piston three on the forward bank. Also, one of the turbos is playing up and over boosting the shit out of everything, so rather than trying to get parts to fix it in the car I'm just replacing it for now with another one which will give me the time to fix it properly. As for the gearbox, my origional one was just really crunchy, so I'll be reconditioning that too with some new sychros. Then, once I'm done, it will go back into my car too, then I'll have a spare engine and manual transmission kit to sell off to someone who wants to to a conversion.

CLuTZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andre
Drive
C73A Lancer GSR, G6E Turbo MK2
I just realised the long weekend is next weekend! Waaaa! I have friends over from NZ, so i'm out unfortunately!!!

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
I just talked it over with Katie just in case if there were any plans and yep, I am in as well.

Can't let one of the cars from my wedding lay around disused now can we?

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
LOL! Chill out dude! It was Saturday night and I didn't really expect to see any replies until Monday/Tuesday seeing as most of our guys spend their time on here when they should be working ;)

But thanks for sticking up for me Lee :D

hehe, was just having a little stab to see if I could get some support for ya ;)

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Awesome, thanks Gav. That's a crack team of three then. We'll just have to remember what end the engine is in, not like these guys...

elise_20061106_002.jpg

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
I have also been babysitting your engine cover since "Motorvate Melbourne" back in Feb. I reckon it will be the crowning glory when we are finished... That and a working Galant :)

cittris

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristian
Drive
2001 Tarmac Black Evo VII
good luck guys

id come round and help but alas i am busy all weekend sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom