VIN compliance approval check on RAWS website

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Every day I have been checking this website to see if the compliance or something else has been approved on my car.

http://raws.dotars.gov.au/rawswebpublic/RAWPubVehSearch.asp

To be honest I dont really know what this page will show up, but basically you enter your VIN and then it shows the status of whether your car has been approved or not.

Each time I enter my VIN, I have been unsuccessful, so I guess that means it hasnt been approved yet.

You need to enter your Australian vin - which is your standard VIN, with 6U9000 tacked on to the start of it. Heres an example:

ORIGINAL VIN: EC5W0400532
AUSTRALIAN VIN: 6U9000EC5W0400532

Can anyone confirm exactly what this page will tell me, and please correct anything I have said. Also if anyone that has had theirs approved wants to provide their VIN so we can have a look at what information the page provides that would be cool.

G

Unregistered
6U9000EC5W5101502 (dont ask me why i can remember my old VIN off my head.. i can even remember my R33 VIN, lol)

shows you all the info on the vehicle

aussie VIN's need to be 17 digits long, so they tag '6U9' and then however many zero's you need for 17 digits.
my R33 was 6U9000ECR33024365, however my gf's stag is 6U900WGNC34****** (cant remember it :p)

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
thanks Mitch your a legend!

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
If you look closely, you'll find a few mistakes in the info too.

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
yeh i noticed 17" wheels and 4 speed auto.

Does that mean all VR4s in this system will have 17" wheels listed as standard, or is this specific to your car?

That would be cool, then we can put 19" wheels on if 17" is standard!

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
This is a screen dump I blanked out a bit of info cos to be honest I wasn't sure if it was private or not... Prob just paranoid but you get the picture anyways...

It won't be on there until the very end of the process just a day or two before you will organise your transport to your home or pick the complied car up...

VIN.jpg

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Shogun did 17" wheels (Evo wheels) as part of their evidence package, so every Legnum comes listed with 17" wheels as a factory option :)

Gilly, it won't pop up until about the same time the whole process is completed.

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
See above - yours would be in the same batch as Gilly's...

G

Unregistered
mines probably in that same batch, ben reckons it should have a plate late this week.

:D:D:D

G

Unregistered
I called Megan today at 1pm and it hadn't come up, now my plates are saying they've come through! Only a few days to go. :)

Leigh

G

Unregistered
my car has approval! :D
it also says it has a 5spd auto box, ner ner
but it says 16x6" rims.. not that it matters, i only want 17's :)

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Mate, you have enough rims as it is! Don't forget Mitchy to put your wheels on the "loan/donation for registration" parts pool, especially since you're in Perth. Rolling on 19"'s would be interesting indeed.

Back on-topic, when Mitchy gave me the VIN for the Super VR-4, I was doing the same thing with looking it up and wondering when it would eventually arrive!

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
Still no news on mine mitch has his thou, cant be that far now can it

G

Unregistered
Ben mentioned another name to me when he told me my car was getting on a truck yesterday..
dont think it was you though Wes. :(
they had 18 cars waiting on plates when i rang up the other day!

G

Unregistered
ah yes, so it was. i can't remember names to save myself. :p

Top Bottom