VIP Galants/Legnums

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Yeah, I spose its nice if you like that kind of thing ;)

ashneel

Crunching Gears
First Name
Ashneel
Drive
JZX100 Chaser
some of those galants are hot hot hot

i was talking to the guy that does most of my panel work and showed him a pic of the face lift VR4 and he gave me a good idea and said he could do it for me. he would make a mold of the front bar and then extend the lip a little making it look chunky and lower while still keeping the shape of the front bar coz those front bars are hot hot hot and for skitrs get something like this

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a120/SILMASTERFLEX/sa70_mark2.jpg

its plain and simple and chunky and similar pattern for the rear bar just an extended lip coming down

then all you need is a nice set of 19's with uber dish and streched tyres and uber rear camber and slammed

nice and tasty :p

ashneel

Crunching Gears
First Name
Ashneel
Drive
JZX100 Chaser
also i gave calicustomz here in melbourne a call mid this week even though they care closed *sigh* the guy i spoke to who was the owner of the shop still operates from home and is willing to whip up an airbag system for legnums and galants but needs a donor car to work on. rough price of kits arnt sure yet but they were selling kits for commodores and falcons for around 3k and for customs stuff like the first bagged 300c they did they made the kit for $4950 as was quoted on their site

so this could look promising :D

G

Unregistered
Air Bagging a Legnum should be pretty straight forward with factory struts...you can normally just modify your struts to fit the bags which should be as simple as removing the springs and their mounts and getting a sleeve welded on the strut to stop the bags sliding down. Then the bags just slide straight onto the struts. It should not cost you more than $2500 complete. I had aftermarket bags on my Liberty, certainly the wow factor, you just have to be aware that they are illegal in a Legnum and they are often high maintenance and troublesome with leaking or sticking valves and yous struts usually dont live long.

G

Unregistered
go to the link i supplied...this car is pure VIP ---> http://www.thegalantcenter.net/forum...5628 c0c63ee5

viewimage3at3.jpg

that's definitely indonesian VIP style....

It looks nice...but not driveable...the way indonesian modificator do the work is simply for the looks and don't care about the safety....the cut spring and use smaller struts to get the lower height.....to fit those gigantic wheel they smash the inner wall....

I am pretty sure you can't make a full turn as the front will hit the inner wall..so if you wanna do a back parking....you have to do front and back a couple of time and it's really PITA....

I really like to drive my car that's why i don't like VIP style cause most VIP style is just for looks but not driveable....

damo

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Damo
Drive
98 VR4 Galant 5sp M
Guys, I really don't think the the galant/ legnums are very suited to the vip look. You could try, but I think you could spend a lot of dosh and still end up dissapointed.
If you want vip, get an aristo or similar, otherwise I feel it will just look 'tryhard'

Our cars are what they are, and I feel that is a lot more super tourer than pimp-mobile, Trying to go against that just won't work imho.

Damo

G

Unregistered
Each to their own, and I think they're very capable. But hey, as I say, each to their own. :)

damo

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Damo
Drive
98 VR4 Galant 5sp M
Definately each to their own, Just my opinion

Top Bottom