Drive
1999 Type S Legnum

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Thats interesting Scottie.... It also makes me wonder about the stock Volvo turbo's too and the potential there

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
looks like it has a 4 stud exhaust flange

yuck, bov on compressor , not a fan

Nash

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Craig
Drive
1988 Honda CRX (Series 2)
1998 FL Legnum VR-4
2012 Kia Optima Platnum
They are TD04 Mitsubishi Turbos....

Yep they are bigger.

But if you are gonna pay $1000 why not spend a few hundred extra and get Garrett BB turbos from an actual reseller..?

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Because you need new manifolds, piping etc, not really going to be a few hundred extra. I am thinking of these as a bolt-on upgrade, much of the design and shape/size looks similar.

There is someone in the states that said on a GT3000 these can get 400hp at the engine so around 220awkw on 12psi.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
You beat me.... Like usual lol

You should buy one Scottie and let us know how well it goes :D

swift5_8

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tomas
Drive
Current: Legnum, Datsun 260z x 3
Past: 180sx, gti-r sold R32 GTS4, 1972 Restored Celica
Thats awesome find if they would be bold on mod - great find Scottie and make sure you keep us posted on how it worked if you go ahead with it that is

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
depends how big they are, if they are much bigger then our TD03s then it wont be a bolt on

have to get measurements somehow?

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
What car are they off? We could mount a mission to a few wreckers (pick'a'part) and see if we can get one, what ever the condition, to check how it all measures up.

-T8-

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tate
Drive
WRX CSE5, 7g galant
Subaru burrowed the TD04 for 01-05 wrx's im pretty sure... they're going second hand real cheap.. like $160 with 50,000 kms... you VR4 boys need 2.. so 320 lol.. could be a good upgrade

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
I have a mate who is a volvo mechanic, he is going to grab one for me so i can check it out. Will take a while, will try it on the VR4 parts car when i strip it.

G

Unregistered
20081214213909-51-2333.gif

Is this the one? I have one of these I was going to install on a 5E-FHTE motor. What would happen if I used one of these and a TD03 on the other bank?

The compressor inlet is 60mm. They come with a built-in VTA dump valve on the top of it which can be removed and blanked of with a plate. But won't it be cool to have two dump valves one on each bank?

bj82

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brad
Drive
99 SII Legnum VR4
any more info on this?
or is it d-e-a-d?

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Sorry for not finding this sooner. These turbos would not bolt on to our manifolds and the aperture to the turbo from the manifold is a different size. If you want something that has similar flow and HP buy a couple of second hand forester or wrx TD04L turbos. Then you'll need to get manifolds fabricated. Just hang tight a few more months; we might be able to help. ;)

Top Bottom