VR-4's spotted for sale or auction

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
High kms - if someone wants it let me know and I'll pick it up, but as a general rule, I try and avoid high km cars, regardless of price.

G

Unregistered
98,000yen... ~$1000.... fuck me, i want it as a bush basher. :p

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
or as a spare parts car - if you don't comply or register it, you should be able to make money from it selling parts to others in AU

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
At that price, I suspect you'd be getting whatever you got. Would only be $8200 or something landed and complied....

G

Unregistered
or as a spare parts car - if you don't comply or register it, you should be able to make money from it selling parts to others in AU

i had enough fun stripping my R33 to a bare shell... and i dont think there would be much, if any need for vr-4 parts yet.

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Can you bring one in uncomplied ? I thought you had to have a CAMS license ?

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
you have 12 months to comply other wise it has to be destroyed or shipped back, by destroyed i think they cut it in half so you could keep it as a front cut and keep all the pannels

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Or you could go over there, hire a container and do it yourself. If I ever actually get my car I'd love to get a 20' and do this with two or three 'parts' cars... Especially if you can manage to bring the chassis in one piece ;)

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
i dont know that it would pass customs because the car isnt authorised they would just destroy it anyway

they have to make sure there isnt cars out there that are driving on our roads that havnt passed compliance its too dangerous

G

Unregistered
do they get destroyed? i was aware you just had 12 months in which to comply it in.

surely if someone chooses to drive an un-complied (and un-registered for that matter) car, it's their own stupid fault, and not a 'safety issue'

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
That's the excuse they use for all the ADR compliance stuff - safety and emission control. If customs were satisfied you were just bringing in 'parts' you would be able to do it - I'm not sure they consider a diamantled body shell a car or not (or whether there's any way to get one in past them), but all other components are.

G

Unregistered
i'm sure you could bring one in with the 'intention' of complying it...

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
if you bring it in with the intension of complying it then you have 12 months before it has to be shipped back or destroyed.

i think you would have more luck just trying to get it in without any paperwork, but even that i dont know that you will do it and the risk of having it destroyed would put me off it

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Not a VR4, but pretty interesting none the less!

http://www.j-spec.com.au/list/11445

Ive always been curious about car manufacturers rebadging other makes, but this one tops the lot! Its an Aussie Kingswood rebadged as a Mazda RoadPacer with a 13B Rotary! I cant beleive the Japs back then were interested in such a heavy aussie car.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
ahh yep, I've heard about them! Imagine if they made Rotary commodores in Aus!

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
That roadpacer will go quickly I reckon.

Good body for a Big Block Chev :D

G

Unregistered
That roadpacer will go quickly I reckon.
Hahaha quite the opposite actually. The rotary wasnt up for the task or powering the car, so they were a bit of a slug. Mind u, slap in a new 13B turbo with crazy amounts of boost, and u could confuse a lot of folks at ur local maccas haha. The car dates from the period where mazda were on the brink of death, and as such put rotaries in as many cars as possible. They bought the designs for the roadpacer/kingswood off holden, got the chassis shipped over, but then made their own body panels (cheaper, and were lighter)

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
But with only 180Nm of torque in those Roadspeeds and only on the high-end of the revs... still good to see one of these in great condition!

Top Bottom