International Vr4 mistfire

vr4 build

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Ivon
Drive
Mitsubishi vr4
I got a vr4, i am trying to restore. I have know knowledge on those type of vehicles.i got the car with a rod knock, which I replace the engine and I got a mistfire. The car sound like a subaru lol, the plugs at the front looks ok but the back are black. i am getting spark and fuel in all cylinders idk wat else to do I think I got low compression that's the only thing I can think of. my next step is to run a compression test, also the engine I removed didn't had a misfire from my knowledge.

[TUFFTR]

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul
Drive
Mitsubishi Magna
Man, where to start. Yes, do a compression test, wet and dry, absolutely critical.
From there, injectors could be blocked, spark plugs totally fouled, faulty ignition module, could be soooooo many things.

MrMann

Idling at the Lights
Premium Member
First Name
Johno
Drive
1997 Legnum - Non Turbo 6A13 - just hit 200,000KMS! 15,000 since ownership
1998 Super VR4 - Living on jackstands... for now.
I got a vr4, i am trying to restore. I have know knowledge on those type of vehicles.i got the car with a rod knock, which I replace the engine and I got a mistfire. The car sound like a subaru lol, the plugs at the front looks ok but the back are black. i am getting spark and fuel in all cylinders idk wat else to do I think I got low compression that's the only thing I can think of. my next step is to run a compression test, also the engine I removed didn't had a misfire from my knowledge.
Start with the cheap stuff, if you don't know service history. Spark Plugs, Leads, Coil Packs. Legnums are seriously cool but not many people want to work on them. Which is fair enough if you're not comfortable working on engines, then I strongly recommend you stick to the service manual and have a mechanic mate to help you.

Top Bottom