VR4 Oil Filters

GMan

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jet
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
There should be one in Zetland. Quite close to you, I think.

Brianod

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Brian
Drive
Legnum Vr4
Had a quick look in Supacheap and couldn't find them in the reference book. As for the one in Zetland is it the one on Elizabeth st?

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
Don't worry bout genuine. They all meet or exceed the minimum standards. I'm just running a magna oil filter. Z142a

GMan

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jet
Drive
Had a quick look in Supacheap and couldn't find them in the reference book. As for the one in Zetland is it the one on Elizabeth st?

Correct -- 811 Elizabeth Street. The genuine oil filters aren't much more expensive than the Ryco ones.

GMan

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jet
Drive
Just look in the part numbers guide and ask them for the part number for the oil filter.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Don't worry bout genuine. They all meet or exceed the minimum standards. I'm just running a magna oil filter. Z142a

^^ This, a lot of us do myself included

Brianod

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Brian
Drive
Legnum Vr4
^^^Thanks mate. Ending up getting the z142a in supacheap so hopefully do the trick. Thanks for the advice.

The Borg

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Daniel
Drive
2000 face lift Legnum VR4 manual
Also Ryco Z79A and Drift MF79 fit and work, been using these pair for over three years :)

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
I just looked up the Z79A and Z142A and apart from some minor differences in the base(the way it's made by the looks), they seem identical?

Any ideas on the difference?

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
I just looked up the Z79A and Z142A and apart from some minor differences in the base(the way it's made by the looks), they seem identical?

Any ideas on the difference?

Sweet F#*k all. Maybe canister diameter or hight. But essentially same thread and still sits on the seal area.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
z56b is another one, which is a fatty one.. or z411 if you like the skinny ones..

The Borg

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Daniel
Drive
2000 face lift Legnum VR4 manual
Ryco Z79A is just the base line cheapy that works well. The Drift one supposedly has a higher flow cell comb, with magnets to help pick up any metal that's floating in the sump. And it has a nut on the bottom so removal/fitting is easier.

G

Unregistered
A good investment is a really powerful magnet about the size of a 20c piece and a centimeter thick.
Stick it to the bittom of your oil filter s and swap it to the new one when u change. Makes the cheapies magnetic :)

Sent from the fires of Mt Doom

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Right, well since people are still talking about oil filters and not Sydney dealerships, I'm just going to merge this thread with the existing one.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
79 or56b our whatever the other one is, is longer than 142a, 411 is shorter again. Lower your car and you won't run the longer ones....

Top Bottom