W.A. Compliance

VR4 WRC

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum VR4
Our car arrived last weekend into Fremantle. Got a email to say quarantine was looking at it on Wednesday. Got a call Wednesday afternoon from the customs broker saying here's the bill,quarantine passed it with no need to clean it. Picked it up Thursday morning with a permit and drove it.
Now to drop it off to Phil to start work on it.

There was also 2 more White Series 2's there on the wharf.

Cheers

Scott

G

Unregistered
aaw no fair :p

i went down there sunday evening and saw them all there. I got a call from Bill monday morning about some paperwork, and i haven't heard back yet

G

Unregistered
This is why I rang ahead at each stage of the process to make sure things happened on time ... Yours should be ready next week then Stephen ? Can't wait to get all the latest VR4's together ... should have a few this time.

G

Unregistered
The second photo looks like u have bigger black rims on ur car ...

G

Unregistered
I thought that too, but there is 2 white leggies in that photo, his must be the far one.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
That's a pretty tidy looking AE86 as well. Brings back memories, I had a red AE86 coupe before they got famous.

VR4 WRC

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum VR4
Sorry guy's should have put descriptions up of the photo's. The second pic is of another 2 white Legnum's sitting down at the wharf as well as mine. Mine was by itself then the pic's of it moving.

Got told it's a beautiful looking car from the guy at the BP servo when i filled up as it was nearly bone dry in the tank near the wharf.

When we drove it to Phil's to drop off. I was making a note to look in the mirror's when i stopped to see people's reaction's. Got look's from a youngish couple in an Alfa (maybe 156) pointing at the back of it.

Pulled up next to a Mazda6 MPS and was tempted to gun it.

Cheers

Scott

G

Unregistered
Excellent .. still hanging out for that first drive in mine :p

Did you happen to see mine (Purple Galant) at the docks? Looking at my photos it should have been parked in front of yours, and just a couple of cars to the right of the Evo's you posted above?

VR4 WRC

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum VR4
Nah, sorry. It was only the 2 other Legnum's that i saw. They might have moved it to another area. I did get told from my customs broker that there was another one with mine. They passed mine without needing cleaning and it started first go but the other didn't pass the inspection so needed cleaning and also a jumpstart.

Cheers

Scott

VR4 WRC

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum VR4
Not to rub salt into any wounds but had an email from Phil today to say that he has nearly finished our car. Kudos to this man. Bet that beats you eastern staters by how many months!!!! :ROFLMAO:

Scott

G

Unregistered
Far out! Thats awesome news! What was that? 3,4,5 days?

Mine got delivered to Japparts for cleaning last thursday, so it should be dropped off to Phil very soon, if not already. :)

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
As far as I know the actual compliance work can be (and usually is) done in a couple of days, then the plate is applied for, approved and posted and fitted, and then the work is done, car is officially complied. Took around two weeks for me total, seems much better than the eastern states.

G

Unregistered
Wow!! VR4 overload, went down to Phil's workshop and saw about 8 VR4's there :D And yes, I FINALLY got to see mine properly, and I am SO happy. Huge thumbs up to the Iron Chef! Has a few small scratches/scrapes here and there but they are all towards the bottom and are virtually unnoticeable. The interior looks immaculate!

Also has a quick look through Scott's and Madhav's car. Scott, that Legnum looks amazing, its so clean! And that Meister Blue of Madhav's is awesome!

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
Lucky bastard Stephen, I still haven't even seen mine properly yet. Spoke with Phil yesterday, he was gonna register it and take it to RPW, but then he realised he had forgot to install an immobiliser, Doh! So he had to put forward the pits thing till next week. I wont be back there for at least a month so it doesn't really matter anyway. You guys will most likely be able to drive yours before me. He was also saying there's a low Km manual leggie there that someone picked up for something like 250,000 Yen FOB, thats nothing, like $9K complied?

VR4 WRC

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum VR4
Well, i was able to take the Legnum over the pits on Monday morning down at O'Connor. The girl behind the counter wasn't too sure about the paperwork as had original invoice for FOB in Yen. Paid for my permit ($83 :wanker:) lined up. Inspector came over, looked through some of the paperwork, told him i know where the Engine number was because i had a look on Sunday for it.He had a look and then asked if I had it written down anywhere, so he wrote it down, had another look at it and it was sweet. Jacked each front wheel up to check for play,lights, wipers, i drove it over the pit, he looked underneath then took it for a drive, about 5 min later he was back and said i will go do your paperwork.

Easy part over,now the fun began.Back to the girl at the counter....
She made a phonecall asking about a stat dec i had to sign stating the market value and purchase price.
Eventually got that all sorted,went to pay rego and stamp duty (you need to pay this before they give you the numberplates. Tried my cheque a/c but declined,i knew the amount was close and i had money on me but she wouldn't let me split the payment as "had other people waiting". So i had to go find an atm, get the money out and go back.After checking the a/c i was ~$35 short. Went back and paid, got the plates.

Remember to take 2 spare bolts for the back number plate and something to do them up with.

Rego (6mths) and Stamp Duty was about $670.

I'm happy it's finally on the road.Olivia is happy she has a car. The daughter loves it.

Win, win.

Cheers

Scott

Top Bottom