Wanted - genuine radiator fan blade - available as spare part?

eddyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddy
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S, 2007 Kawasaki ZX14
Hi my passenger side radiator fan sheared off its metal centre hub,something mustve got jammed in there.

are these available as a spare part? anyone know who could source one? the fan motor is fine, just the actual rotating fan blade is all thats required.

sorry for posting here, for some reason i cant post in 'wanted to buy' section..

Any help appreciated

the car copes up to about 38 deg outside temp on the one fan... today was 40 degress and temp was close to red.. i was fiddling around trying to work out why running so hot and found the fan broken off and sitting in the bottom of the shroud!

Im in adelaide if anyone has one they dont need...

cheers Eddy

rockit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum
its listed as its own part: MB890938 FAN,COOLING

Its just the fan blade,at least that's what the ASA shows (has a seperate number for the motor) .. not sure if mitsubishi australia will keep any in stock though, or what they charge!

rockit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum
I have a spare fan btw, happy for you to borrow it if you need one while Mitsubishi ships one (assuming they don't have any in stock locally)!

eddyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddy
Drive
Thanks robert for the part number and the offer for a loaner that is very generous.. i will see if any traders here respond with a price and availability and or if i have to chase misubishi myself ...then ill know if i need a loaner...cheers eddy

G

Unregistered
its listed as its own part: MB890938FAN,COOLING

Its just the fan blade,at least that's what the ASA shows (has a seperate number for the motor) .. not sure if mitsubishi australia will keep any in stock though, or what they charge!

Do you have your own copy of ASA?
I want the program for myself :)

Sent from the fires of Mt Doom

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Do you have your own copy of ASA?
I want the program for myself :)

Pretty sure its on here somewhere, think there was a thread where someone said he bought it and everyone was like 'why not just download it?'

G

Unregistered
Hmm ill have to dig it up then.

Sent from the fires of Mt Doom

rockit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum
There's a thread about the ASA stickied in the general vr4 discussion area so pretty easy to find.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
hmmmm I've seen cars reading 140degc, they weren't in the red yet, you might want to be careful with that....

eddyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddy
Drive
Oops. payment made for my membership..

So i rang my local mitsubishi dealer and gave them the part number above - in stock and about $45 dollars ex sydney for the fan blade which i thought was great..

then, even better i remembered a mate at Garage7 workshop about 15 mins away from me had been parting a legnum, and sold me the whole main fan assembly for $50!

Ive put it all back together and will take it for a test this arvo in the heat..

Thanks very much for the help! The knowledge and helpfulness on this forum is really great.

Top Bottom