What do compliance companies actually do?

G

Unregistered
Just wondering what exactly are the things the compliance companies HAVE to do as far as legnum is concerned. Mainly in regard to servicing, replacement of fluids, etc.

cheers, bart.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
for the money they charge, very little
Remove key code from ignition key
Fit new tyres on tyre placard
Replace brkae fluid Dot 4
Fit 3 child restraints
Supply owners manual
Replace charcoal canister, fuel filter, air filter, cat,
Fit, tune-up label, unleaded label, tyre placard to to driver b panel,
Replace wiper blades
Modify power window module,
Fit VIN to RHside fire wall
Fit used import plate to LHS door
Fit number plate spacers to front opening

Doesn't have to change oil or filter which is strange

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Some workshops will change oil though. I emailed the compliance shop doing my car today, and they change engine oil and filter on top of list above.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
The money they charge is just to re-coup on the massive cost of actually becoming a RAW for that particular model. It's extremely expensive and time consuming. So $3000 for what they have to go through isn't a bad thing, plus at the end of the day our cars are still so cheap for what they are even after compliance!!

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
at the end of the day our cars are still so cheap for what they are even after compliance!!
Compared with other Australian cars... Remember compared with many other countries we're royally screwed on the cost of cars (and other goods too). All to artificially prop up our domestic car manufacturers who simply fail to be competitive or efficient in their manufacturing. Gee I wish the Govt would prop my business up by pricing my competitors out of the market! *grumbles*

Supply owner's manual
Yes, well, hmm...

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Compared with other Australian cars... Remember compared with many other countries we're royally screwed on the cost of cars (and other goods too). All to artificially prop up our domestic car manufacturers who simply fail to be competitive or efficient in their manufacturing. Gee I wish the Govt would prop my business up by pricing my competitors out of the market! *grumbles*

Yes, well, hmm...

Yes don't get me started on this subject, haveing jrecently returned from US where Mercedes C class as an example costs under $40kUS and thats the top of the line model, you work it out

44692 on todays exchange rate
+10% GST 4469

=49161

Yres its under the Luxury car tax of 10% but lets add it anyway

=540771

Let just call it 86000 for the 3.5 litre V6....So you tell me where the other32k is going??

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
Totally agreed SA. But there's nothing we can do about it...so imports are still cheap as far as I'm concerned :D lol

G

Unregistered
cheers for the info guys, just that my car was received in pretty shit and quite untouched condition, just thought they had more responsibility than that. Will post up some piccies after a wash and polish.

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Bart, all the work they do is listed on your Consumer Information Notice (CIN) which should have come with the car.

Bear in mind that, aside from brokers, RAWs mostly do wholesale jobs to dealers, so prepping the vehicle for customers (detailing etc) is not really necessary for most of their work.

Make sure you give me a buzz back, or email might be better, given that I'll be in Japan tomorrow, to explain what the problem was, and I'll give them the feedback.

As has already been mentioned, most of the biggest costs for RAWs are spent long before your car enters the workshop - they have to recoup the money they spend setting up to comply cars. Remember that, you guys - on the face of it, it might look expensive, but as a general rule, any workshop (that doesn't also operate as a dealer) that is charging less than $3000 for compliance will probably not be able to sustain such low prices and still stay in business.

In the same way, I never crunch workshops on price, because if they go through the hoop in a year's time, then that's bad for all of us. I obviously don't go out of my way to pay the highest price, but cheapest is almost never the best...

Top Bottom