What I ended up buying instead of a Legnum.... (still a Mitsu)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
There is an FTO in the UK that gets down the quarter in around 12 seconds. Has a 6A13TT and a big turbo on it. Fast FWD cars are possible, but I'd prefer 4wd thanks!

G

Unregistered
Lol, I just noticed he got perma-banned today.

And yes Brad, I'd much rather AWD over anything else as well, hence the GTiR and the Legnum :D

G

Unregistered
magna looks to boxy for my liking i like the fact that the galant has more curves and a twin turbo for my liking...yours is nice though

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Nice car man, looks like it's in awesome condition! I had an older Magna and it was still Ok to drive, even with an asthmatic Carby Astron II engine so this would be much nicer. These things CAN carry decent corner speeds and accelerate pretty damn well, it's all about using your foot properly and learning the limits of the tyres. Get a decent set and it really transforms these cars I reckon.
And Jason must be having a shitty day or something, usually he's a nice bloke as far as I can see. :)

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
nice car mate. it is hard to find those i guess. there is awd version as well but i don't think they are connom either. back in the days when u drove eg civic, i went to many street races (cough cough) and saw magna with some simple mods to crazy modes. even with deceent breathing work, it was chasing gts-t's. met supercharged one with blood fast start as well. I guess any car can mildly moded to produce great performance.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
"hey guys, jesus here, just lettin u all know this thread is as old as me"

jesus-south-park.jpg

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
lol similar to a galant *facepalm*.

i was driving a magna like this as a daily when i was building up my silvia. the galant and manga are both 6 cyl, 4 door, mitsubishi's, yet my 1.8lt rwd 2 door nissan has more in common with the galant. its like a class A car vs a bicycle.

i would have waited until u could have afforded a vr4.

G

Unregistered
hey Even,

Your tail lights look great thinking of doing that to my galant as well!! any idea how to get them done???

Cheers

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Lol, I just noticed he got perma-banned today.

And yes Brad, I'd much rather AWD over anything else as well, hence the GTiR and the Legnum :D

Hi !!!!

Cheers Luke, I was having a shitty time for a while back there. All sorted and back in happy chappy town now, lol

SupremeMoFo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Evan
Drive
MY01 Magna Sports
lol similar to a galant *facepalm*.

i was driving a magna like this as a daily when i was building up my silvia. the galant and manga are both 6 cyl, 4 door, mitsubishi's, yet my 1.8lt rwd 2 door nissan has more in common with the galant. its like a class A car vs a bicycle.

i would have waited until u could have afforded a vr4.
Was a long time ago, but I'm pretty sure that I would've been using sarcasm at the time :) there's basically no interchangeable parts between a Magna and a Galant at any rate, even rims, because Magnas can take larger/wider rims with larger overall diameters. I could have afforded a VR-4 at the time - still can - but I'm still 18, so you do the math. I like my comprehensive insurance.
nice car mate. it is hard to find those i guess. there is awd version as well but i don't think they are connom either. back in the days when u drove eg civic, i went to many street races (cough cough) and saw magna with some simple mods to crazy modes. even with deceent breathing work, it was chasing gts-t's. met supercharged one with blood fast start as well. I guess any car can mildly moded to produce great performance.
AWDs are pretty easy to find and are cheap (start at $10k for a well looked after 2003 model), but are heavy (shade over 1600kg depending on the model) and are only available with the 5 speed auto. Despite the drivetrain for the AWD being essentially lifted from the Evo GT-A, the bellhousings are nowhere near similar so doing a manual swap on an AWD Magna is yet to be completed. A couple of people are trying to work it out though. There's been quite a few supercharged ones - most running Sprintex kits, others running custom jobs.
Nice car man, looks like it's in awesome condition! I had an older Magna and it was still Ok to drive, even with an asthmatic Carby Astron II engine so this would be much nicer. These things CAN carry decent corner speeds and accelerate pretty damn well, it's all about using your foot properly and learning the limits of the tyres. Get a decent set and it really transforms these cars I reckon.
Riding on 245/35R19s now, and yes it can be pedalled quickly enough to well & truly scare some cars that are meant to be more capable. And you're absolutely right about using the power properly - the front end copes admirably well.
Your tail lights look great thinking of doing that to my galant as well!! any idea how to get them done???
They were already on the car when I bought it, but...
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MITSUBISHI-M...ries?hash=item483397450a&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
Difference is to using Nightshade or similar is that these are as bright as factory taillights and 100% legal. *shrug*

Anyways, this is how the car looks these days, for those who didn't look in the Magna thread -

20090719-IMGP9613.jpg

Look a hell of a lot better than the Falcon they were on before!

Top Bottom