Dave30

Crunching Gears
First Name
Dave
Drive
2.0 golf
Sorry if this is the wrong section for this

Need to sell this car so i can get a legnum :D

2005 2.0fsi Maroon, 36,000km, had since new, serviced every 6 months, manual.

It does how ever have a sizeable scratch down the side (although it should be easily reparable) and some very very slight damage on the back seats (cat clawed it)

Runs perfectly, no accidents, never thrashed.

What would be a fair price for this that would also get it moved pretty quickly?

thanks everyone

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Low km's will help you out! Seems lots of the ones for sale are 80-100k km's.

If I were you I'd repair the scratch before selling, as it'd be the kind of thing that would put off buyers in the $15-20k range pretty easily, regardless of how little it would cost them to get fixed.
I'm no expert but assuming its a fifth gen they seem to be fetching from $15k up to $25-27k for the GTi's (leaving out the ones with MUCH higher km's). Yours has lower km's than all the ones I've gone past on carsales, so if you took away the scratch I would guess at $18k to get people interested and sold..? It's all speculation until you put it on the market and gauge the response.

Dave30

Crunching Gears
First Name
Dave
Drive
2.0 golf
ok so it's time to sell, only problem is a scratch left and i want some opinions
this is the car
IMG_0694.jpg

this is the scratch that is left, it goes for most of the length of the front door
IMG_0704.jpg

would that scratch put you off buying that car for $15,000?

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Yep.... Just being honest.

Selling a car is about appearance. A buyer realistically only gets an overview of the car on face value before purchasing it, so for the couple hundred bucks it would cost to get it fixed, it could add up to $1000 to the sale value, and not put any potential buyers off :)

Top Bottom