Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
There have been a fair few manuals through in the last 2 weeks.

G

Unregistered
will someone plaese explain to me this "super vr4" lark
what makes a super vr4 ?!
do i own one? i have a black tiptronic with the sport body kit ( i belive u call it face lift ) with momo steering whell recaro seats , carbon fiber dash ....is that super ? :)

wicked site buy the way oh yeah whilst i m here where do i get the evo bonnets from ? the one with the usual evo heat grill AND that little vent on the side? aloso would prefrer it with out the hood pins that the americans have
i know its a bit off topic but i cant be botherd goin to the other thread :)
can someone please help enlighten me with a private message as ill probably forget to look this thread up agian

thanks a lot rees

(way off topic mate, next time put it in the correct forum please)

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Hi Rees, The Super VR-4 of which we speak is a seperate version of the pre-facelift cars (series 1). The came in 2 colours only (silver & red) and are all auto's with factory recaro's and red carpet, as well as the black bodykit and giant mofo rear wing. So yours is not a super VR4. They were available in wagon & sedan, though we don't have any sedan owners on here yet.

The two on the forums can be found in these links

http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321
http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214

Check the search for evo bonnets.

Cheers and welcome to ozvr4 :)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
If you've got the red carpets, then it is almost certainly a Super, and it may have been painted at some point in its life.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
series 1 manual leggie here

Im surprised how many manuals are coming, good to see

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
To be honest, the only thing that surprises ME about all the manuals, is that all of YOU are so surprised to see them! Personally, it makes perfect sense that we'd see a lot of (if not mostly) manuals - for all the effort and expense we have to go through to bring these cars in, we may as well get exactly what we want. There's 10 good quality white autos a day going through the auctions, but if you're prepared to wait a little bit for a manual, you're bound to find one without too much difficulty.

My personal preference in a performance car is for manual, and I don't see why you'd ever bother with an auto. To me, it doesn't feel like you're truely DRIVING a car when you can't have complete control over the gears. But I know everyone's different, so don't expect the whole world to feel the same way. Like I said, just surprised that so many of you find it so surprising ;)

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
It depends on what you use your car for. Mine will be a family run a bout for my wife and kids 99% of the time, so I chose the auto (and the wagon). I see the VR-4's as a cruiser, rather than a bruiser.

If I was a bit younger and didn't have a family, I would love a manual with recaros, but then again I would probably just buy an Evo.

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Having now driven both, I can see the appeal of the auto. I actually think it is better suited to the motor than the manual, and calling the 5 speed tiptronic just an auto is selling it short by a long way.

There's still something special about dialling up 5000rpm and side-stepping the clutch pedal though ;)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
You know, one of the things I find more fun than stationary starts in a car with lots of go is dropping down into second at 100km/h on the freeway and smoking up at speed. Its enough to make dust-eating-baby-jesus-commodore-driver cry, let me tell you! ;) :D

DarkVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Black FL Reganum
correct me if im wrong, I am assuming my Legnum is a series two as its facelift 2001 manual , Yes I know I need to do my home work.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Series 1 = prefacelift
Series 2 = facelift

just different terminology for the same thing.

Ohh and Kristian, you aren't wrong about the tiptronic box, it is indeed a great box! If I had enough money I wouldn't have bought my 5 speed manual ST-R, I would have bought a late model tiptronic VR-4

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Just bumping this to the top for the new owners in the last few weeks :)

Vote away guys !

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
bump.jpg

Just for those new VR-4 owners to vote in the poll :D

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Bump to the top.

If you havent voted and you have a VR-4, then vote already :p

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
BUMP!

Could everyone that hasn't voted please vote :) (if you have your car or it is on the way)

Thanks
sex.gif

Top Bottom