What's a fair price for a VR4???

DarkVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Black FL Reganum
Congrats mate, make sure you check out the Qld meet section and tie in with the Qld lot for the next meet (we need the numbers).

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
J-B - it is a Manual, therefore the only option is that it is a standard VR-4. IE no ASC and TCL, and if it is a prefacelift it automatically has AYC. If it is a facelift then it may have AYC or an LSD

damo

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Damo
Drive
98 VR4 Galant 5sp M
Cheers Brad. Its a facelift. I'll get the numbers and check out what its got. Is there a site that you can check standard options from the id plate????

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I look forward to seeing those pics, Damo. Car sounds freaken fantastic. Nice work, congrats!! :D

To work out if its a Type-S or Type-V, the S has AYC which has three lights which light up at the bottom of the dash when you turn it on. They also have guard flares on the wheel arches. :)

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Congrats Damo - the price you paid wasn't too bad at all! Look forward to seeing the pics (and the rims!)

damo

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Damo
Drive
98 VR4 Galant 5sp M
I'll take some pics when i get home, but it won't be till almost 7, so not great light (damn 12 hr shifts). Otherwise i'll get some better ones up on Sat.

Also, I found out this morning that my rear wiper cleans the boot lid and not the rear window - WTF????

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Your wiper might be out of alignment. Take it off the car and turn the wiper on and off again, (you may need another person to check if the wiper shaft turns to where its supposed to) then put it back on in the right position and see how it works.

Mel-D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mel
Drive
2012 Ford Focus ST Manual,Tangerine. Evo 6 Blue manual.Had 2004 XR6 Falcon M11 Auto,Yellow GT stripes. 1999 Legnum Manual,White
Good to see another Queenslander, by the way me and my hubbie are in the redlands also (Mt Cotton). Can't wait 2c some pic's. Mel

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
congrates Damo.

I think (as with everything) a fair price is not to much mark up. Prices will vary as these cars purchased at auction, condition, options, as well as the exchange rate fluctuation will all have an effect on the end price

G

Unregistered
I got mine for $5k NZ about a year ago, private sale, just under 150k kms when I got it (165k now), drove a really hard deal, no problems except a leak in the power steering, pretty standard except exhaust, k & n, a boost guage (dial) and an electronic boost controller (HKS EVC III) which hadnt been installed (I plumbed this up recently and really wish I had done it sooner as it makes quite a difference). Was a pretty sweet I think.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
That's the thing in NZ, UK and Japan... you don't have to deal with Australia's nuances such as stamp duty, compliance and GST which adds to it significantly.

However, it cost me $16,500 to get my Super VR-4 on the road the way I wanted it and it has everything I was looking for. It's still great money for what you get in the car.

Let's put it this way. The girl and I make a fuss about who's drinking when we go out... and the fight is over who has the pleasure of driving home :D

Top Bottom