smitty

Sm'arter than the aver'age bear...!
First Name
Alex
Drive
98 FL Galant Type S Manual, FG XR6, VY Acclaim, MQ Triton GLS
Found this while digging around, during my manual conversion:

485.jpg

No idea what either of these two units are for.

This one sits under the carpet, beside the console, and has a hand-written english serial number:

482.jpg

And this one sits under the carpet where your feet end up, below the glove box:

484.jpg

It also has some kind of serial number, and looks like its genuine mitsubishi:

486.jpg

Any thoughts?

G

Unregistered
My evo has exactly the same sort of unit in the same spot on the passenger foot well, under the carpet...I know what it is, but for the life of me I can't remember. It's on the tip of my tongue but just won't come out Grr. Something ignition related I think, fuel system, ecu (not the actual ecu as that's elsewhere), or something...

THis is gonna drive me mental now till I get it out! Grr

*edit - actually, something AYC related?

JUSTCRUZN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
michael
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
It's probs the ecu for the AYC! Well that's my guess anyways

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
AYC is up behind the glove box to the left (against the side if the panel wall almost) and it is nit the AUto ECU as that sits below the engine ECU. It is not TCL as that is continued by the Auto ECU.

I think it is only a Facelift thing. And it us not an Auto or Manual specific thing.

But I have no idea what it is.

PeteGT

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
'99 Legnum - S Manual
The one with what looks like a speaker could be for the parking sensors. Were they factory fit?

smitty

First Name
Alex
Drive
Not factory fit, they were installed after the prev owner had nudged a wall or something, there is a couple of slight scuffs behind one of the sensors.

Fkn things have stopped working, too. fkit.

My money's on the larger unit being something to do with my factory/dealer fitted remote start. Some of the wiring on that has the same sheath as my remote start master switch. I really should have traced that under the carpet while the seat was out....

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Is the car Cold Spec or something a bit different?

MMCS? One might be a TV Tuner or something?

G

Unregistered
I'm sure someone with ASA can punch in those part numbers/serial numbers and inform us?

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
I would suggest it would be something to do with an indash GPS/TV/Tuner unit. I had a similiar one in REB00T. The second one I would suggest may be the auto ECU.

I'm only guessing though. Get an ASA guru to look it up! :D

smitty

First Name
Alex
Drive
Auto ECU is below the engine ECU, and I don't have MMCS. Hrrm. Where's bradc? He'll know.

Edit: And yeah, it's a cold spec, rob. Hence me thinking its got something to do with the remote start feature.

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
I had a similar shaped genuine Mitsi box in my car which was for the TV/GPS that came from Japland, but mine was up the back of the car. A while since I ripped it out so not sure if they're the same ones but could well be.

G

Unregistered
Auto ECU is below the engine ECU, and I don't have MMCS. Hrrm. Where's bradc? He'll know.

Edit: And yeah, it's a cold spec, rob. Hence me thinking its got something to do with the remote start feature.

Mine's cold spec as well and I don't have remote start, wish i did though!!

So, you've got remote start and I dont...and I've got a driver's 'fuck me' handle and you don't LOL!

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Can someone please find out what those boxs are and share it with the group.

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
The box with the speaker looking holes in it was in one of my Legnums too. I can't remember if it was in the old auto pfl or my current manual fl. I think the new car.

Will confirm tonight.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
I've had a quick look through ASA and cant really see anything. Mind you I was using my chassis number and I don't have any of that gear so thats probably why its not there.

Top Bottom