What's Really in Pet Food?

Dave45

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David Agius
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S
Hey guys, I work at a Pet Supply store and I come across a lot of these articles.

Here is one that opened up my eyes.

http://www.bornfreeusa.org/facts.php?more=1&p=359

If you search for "Label Basics" that area is a pretty good read.

Here's a snippet of a section which may interest you.

"Whatever remains of the carcass — heads, feet, bones, blood, intestines, lungs, spleens, livers, ligaments, fat trimmings, unborn babies, and other parts not generally consumed by humans — is used in pet food, animal feed, fertilizer, industrial lubricants, soap, rubber, and other products."

Enjoy,

Dave.

G

Unregistered
Well you don't want to know what makes up toothpaste and cosmetics, used to work in a supermarket, and a open bed truck would rock up every morning and we would dump all the off/rotten meat and offcuts into the back to be sent up to sydney to be made into this stuff. Yum yum lol.

JUSTCRUZN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
michael
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
also got told saw dust. we feed our dog HILLS, fucking costs heaps tho

Dave45

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David Agius
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S
We sell A LOT of Hills and I know it's not good to put down brands because we make a living from them BUT Hills is all Corn and By-Product. Try to get your pets onto a food with more meat content such as Eukanuba or ProPlan (which is now Aussie owned).

Better still get them on a raw food diet such as B.A.R.F http://www.drianbillinghurst.com/.

JUSTCRUZN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
michael
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
we give her the hills dry food and some of the hills canned. but mainly hills dry and chicken necks

Dave45

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David Agius
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S
Chicken necks are alright, the hills canned food is just "WATER". Look at the first ingredient on the can. If you want sweet canned food get Ziwi Peak All Natural.
Where you buy your food from bro?

JUSTCRUZN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
michael
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
thanks for the info mate might give the canned food a mis and just give her chicken necks all the time

Dave45

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David Agius
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S
No worries, you can try making your own raw food mix or ask Pet Stock for the B.A.R.F.
If you can make it to my work at Pet Cafe Woodville West, we actually sell a whole heap of fresh pet food including chicken necks, lamb necks, roo tail, roo pieces, beef, turkey, fish, and much more!

JUSTCRUZN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
michael
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
well ill keep that in mind. If im ever down that way in openiing times then ill call past and have a look cheers mate

Top Bottom