Wheel Alignment [WA]

rooks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2005 ST246 Caldina GT4
Can anyone recommend any wheel alignment shops preferably SOR.
Went to "BOO"ragoon tyrepower, they cant seem to adjust the Caster settings! currently sitting on 4.24" left and 4.35" right.
Took it for a fwy run today and its drifting left hard (when i let go of the steer)....taking it back tomorrow morning with a printout of the VR4 stock alignment specs, got a feeling i'll get the usual..."its an import blahblahblah". :sleep:

got new inner and outer tie rod LH & RH and 4 new tyres...so should be no excuses really!

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
WA suspensions sorted mine out for me, not so SOR though lol

Lasiorhinus

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Stephen
Drive
White FL Legnum
Tyrepower on Scarborough Beach Rd, just next to the freeway. They did a great job with mine, partly because they have intimate experience with Legnums. Not SOR, but really is worth the drive, for the knowledge, and value for money.

guanacosalsa

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Julio
Drive
1999 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 - Type S
far out man, Bob Jane Midland did a good job of mine. I meant to ask how it went but I didn't see the Haze in the carpark so I figured she wasn't finished. They did say to me about factory specs and how it makes a difference with worn suspension parts, so you should really have no problems getting your alignment done!
you should probably make the trip as the guys suggested man :)

rooks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2005 ST246 Caldina GT4
Will give either tyrepower sbghbeach and wa suspensions which ever can fit me in.
Did u guys go for a 2wheel or 4 wheel alignment?
Yeah Julio the haze stayed home Friday.

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
You'll have to go to WA Suspension now, Lachlan left Tyrepower and works for WA Suspension now ;-)

rooks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2005 ST246 Caldina GT4
wasnt the alignment after all...went out to go to ossypark and front left tyre was on 10psi!, turned out to be a hairline crack on the passenger front rim.repair/welding is a choice but more likely a replacement rim is what i'll go after. evo6 oz racing shouldnt be too rare :)

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
Alliance Rim Repairs in Malaga are the people to see. I also have a complete set of FL alloys if needed, you can have for $200.

As Tom said I have indeed left Tyrepower (they still do my tyres of course) and have probably dealt with more Legnums then most other places, if you have factory suspension they are good to go and see.

I do now work for WA Suspensions so give me a bell and I cna sort you out, if you have aftermarket suspension gear we are better equipped then Tyrepower to do the work (i.e better technicians).

You will want a full 4 wheel alignment on the VR-4.

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
wasnt the alignment after all...went out to go to ossypark and front left tyre was on 10psi!, turned out to be a hairline crack on the passenger front rim.repair/welding is a choice but more likely a replacement rim is what i'll go after. evo6 oz racing shouldnt be too rare :)

Buy my 4 Evo 7 rims =)

guanacosalsa

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Julio
Drive
1999 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 - Type S
glad you sorted it man, you wouldn't want to spend money on new suspension parts and not even be able to get a proper wheel alignment lol
how on earth did you damage your wheel?

rooks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2005 ST246 Caldina GT4
glad you sorted it man, you wouldn't want to spend money on new suspension parts and not even be able to get a proper wheel alignment lol
how on earth did you damage your wheel?

yeah dunno how, normally pretty careful on the roads, especially with new tyres.
i'll show u monday the .5 inch hairline crack. I think alliance rim repair is the way to go, there is another bloke out of cannington leo g-something....apparently cheaper but better take the professional option here.

Tomtom thx for the offer abt the evo7 rims, dunno havent got the mojo for black rims :) if only they were grey/silver-ish.

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
they are "gunmetal" aka "grey with pearl"!

IMG_4200.jpg
IMG_4202.jpg
IMG_4203.jpg
IMG_4201.jpg
IMG_4199.jpg

Come with a bit of rubber left on them ready to go!

Not 1 scratch, no cracks and the lot for $500 if you pick them up until Wednesday ;-)

rooks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2005 ST246 Caldina GT4
very tempting TomTom, but got the hint from the other half that i best repair my current rim. Currently its at Perth Rim Repair, see how that goes.

lathiat

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trent Lloyd
Drive
97 Legnum (Manual)
Alliance Rim Repairs seem.. very hit and miss with repair times.. quite a few people seem to have had theirs take weeks or no good reason.

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
Wheelgleam is good for gutterrash but no structural damage.

Never had a problem with Alliance or their turn around times.

rooks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2005 ST246 Caldina GT4
my experience with Perth Rim Repair has been good. took them 1 day, they could have done the work on the same day if only i had seperated rim from tyre.

G

Unregistered
they are "gunmetal" aka "grey with pearl"!

IMG_4200.jpg
IMG_4202.jpg
IMG_4203.jpg
IMG_4201.jpg
IMG_4199.jpg

Come with a bit of rubber left on them ready to go!

Not 1 scratch, no cracks and the lot for $500 if you pick them up until Wednesday ;-)

You still have the wheels 4 sale ??? Let me know, Cheers, John

G

Unregistered
Hi Tom,
wheels still 4 sale ? Let me know.... Thanks, John

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
Dude there is a for sale thread for them wheels somewhere, so try Tom in there. Alternatively pm him because he may not look in here.

Top Bottom