Wheel and tyre packs

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
I desperately need some new tyres and I have a limited budget of $1000 approx, i'd prefer if possible 18's. I'd love to get some brand name Jap rims but I don't have that cash and trying to find a decent set of 2nd hand ones is near impossible for that price, unless you weren't looking for any :)

Anyway, has anyone seen (recently) any good wheel and tyre packages anywhere that are worth looking into. Or if you know of ones to avoid? Which (on the cheaper side) are half decent and which are shite?

harry

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Harry
Drive
Patrol, Sil80, Legnum VR4 TypeS
I doubt you'll find a decent 18"wheel and tyre package for that money. You might just about get a set of 17" Drifteks for $1000 - wheels only. Keep saving for a while and get something you want. Check out Import Monster for 2nd hand Jap rims if you haven't already.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
the cheapest of cheap in jap rims, ur looking around $2000 for 2nd hand rims. maybe a lil bit less if not in good condition.

even the el cheapo bob jane homo spec rims are gona cost more than 1000 new.

i would just go on boost cruising, or somwhere and pick up some 17" with decent tyres. then later on save up for jap rims.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Well they aren't Jap, but they are 18's and may still be for sale:
subscribed.gif
[QLD] FS - 18x7.5" Advanti E-1 Racing w/ Falken ZE329
and they are in your budget.

Otherwise, get some cheap second hand tyres for your 16s to last a few more months while you save up the rest of your $$$ for Jap Wheels

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
the cheapest of cheap in jap rims, ur looking around $2000 for 2nd hand rims. maybe a lil bit less if not in good condition.

Nah, my BRAND NEW Grenades cost me $1150 delivered (tyres were another $440), and my 2nd hand 18x9 & 18x10 Work VS-SS cost me $1500 with good tyres. So good deals are out there, especially if you aren't fussy about size & offset (which I'm assuming you're not if you're considering wheel & tyre packages).

I'd say try Firesport, but it seems to be down.

My 17x9 +35 Drift teks are available for $1k with wornish tyres by the way. :bigsmile:

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Here you go:

5092DSC03012.jpg

17x8 +38, $850. Japanese Import Spares. Throw some cheap 235s on them and you'll get it done for about $1200.

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
Matt.

If price is a concern, a good option is to have a look at Ebay.

I often see 18 inch Ralliart Lancer wheels and tyres for sale for well under $1k.

In fact, just a few weeks ago, a brand new set of those wheels with new tyres went for about $350!!!

It might be a good option whilst you save up for those tough Rays rims.

You could also go fully sik spec at any of Ozzy Tyres, Tempe Tyres, Taleb Tyres etc.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
theres so evo 7 meshies on here for 850, just need tyres, nankangs are cheap as chips lol

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I love how people sell "Ralliart Lancer" wheels on ebay, rather than Lancer VRX wheels!

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
I got some Lancer VRX wheels, but at 18x7 and +45 offset I sure wouldn't recommend them for a Legnum!

However, for $500 with brand new (<1000km) Advan A10 tyres, a set of nuts (including lock nuts) they made a nice cheap upgrade for my wifes SP23:

Attachments

• New Wheels (2).jpg
    New Wheels (2).jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 61
  • New Wheels (0).jpg
    New Wheels (0).jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 52

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
I take it u meant wheels like this set on ebay?
!BU5MdB!BWk~$(KGrHgoOKkMEjlLmV,uSBKP0jD7Cdw~~_1.jpg

Same deal, like $600 with near new tyres.

I was gonna send the dude a message and ask him about the offset, but if it is +45 then forget it.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Of course not, Ralliart don't make wheels. They are most likely made by Enkei as most mitsi mag wheels are made by Enkei (ie both VR-4 wheels, all EVO 7-X wheels apart from BBS specials)

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I think the point is that Ralliart Lancer wheels are exactly the same as Lancer VRX wheels. Whatever you call them, though, they fail pretty hard on a VR4.

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
I think the point is that Ralliart Lancer wheels are exactly the same as Lancer VRX wheels. Whatever you call them, though, they fail pretty hard on a VR4.

hmm.. fail fail fail?
why?
i thought they would be alright for the price considering the package. there must be somehting that i have not thought of..

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Width and offset is shit for VR4. They would be MORE sunken in than stock wheels. Bigger diameter is only 1/10th of the equation, its the width and offset that makes a wheel ;)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
For a prefacelift they are the same offset, but 10mm wider tread so they sit 5mm further out. They probably wouldn't look that bad on a prefacelift at stock-ish ride height. On a facelift , which Matt has lets not forget, they will look fairly terrible.

Top Bottom