Wheels show

G

Unregistered
Hello all,

I want to see if there is interest in going to the Shannons Wheels car show in Canberra on the 22/3/09.
Its a massive show on the Lawns of Old Parliment house. This has always been know as a "club" car show and all 60 odd Canberra car clubs go along with some from NSW/VIC etc.

I will be there in a Super VR4 and there will be 2 other Legnums. The Mits Club of Australia will be there but it would be great if we have a OZVR4 area. Its free to register and I can email (or someone with authority) and secure a OZVR4 section.

I'll copy some of the info under here as its for a good cause also. It would be a fun trip!!

Shannons Wheels is one of three major annual events hosted by the Council of ACT Motor Clubs. Since 1982, hundreds of vehicle enthusiasts have participated in this trip down memory lane which is an official part of the Canberra Festival supported by Australian Capital Tourism and Celebrate Canberra. Shannons Wheels is also the Council's annual charity display day, raising nearly $300,000 for local Canberra charities in 25 years.

In 2008, the Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia (PCFA) will benefit from the display of over 1000 vintage, veteran, historic, classic, modified cars, commercials, fire engines, radio controlled cars and motor cycles. Just over 13,500 cases of prostate cancer are diagnosed each year in Australia and it is responsible for 2837 deaths. The PCFA plays a vital role in the fight against prostate cancer and devotes all of it resources towards reducing the impact of prostate cancer on the community.

Let me know what ya think?

Gary

G

Unregistered
Hey Gary,

I'd drive there in my Leggie but don't know that I'll actually show it off to people, it's not the best example out there! I'm pretty sure I don't have anything else on that weekend so would be happy to help out where I can.

G

Unregistered
Hey Gary,

I'd drive there in my Leggie but don't know that I'll actually show it off to people, it's not the best example out there! I'm pretty sure I don't have anything else on that weekend so would be happy to help out where I can.

Hey Mate, its more of an expo then show, there will be 100's of cars in it most far from showroom condition. Its more of a club get together for all clubs.

Look forward to seeing the black leggy

Gary

G

Unregistered
Hey Gary! Not too sure if I can make it, it could be a very quick visit first thing in the morning. I'm going to look at an S13 around lunch (as a hillclimb/track car) and then off t o the first Raiders match at 2. Hope this nice weather holds out!

Might see you there!

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
We need something like this in QLD!!

Rabit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum Mint with 44589ks when I got it. Now with black leather seats. After 3 years of fun some terminal engine bay wiring issues raised their ugly heads and it died. I Now drive a 2002 Legnum and have retired the 2000 to spare parts duty.
I Know that this thread is an ancient one but I attended Wheels every year for the 14 years that I owned my 38 Chev Sedan. I had a ball every year. It would be a good thing if we were able to organise something similar up here in sunny old QLD. LOL at the moment as its raining and has been for several days.

Top Bottom