kevin

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
david
Drive
2001 VR4 legnum
hi all,

i'm planning on tuning my leggy and putting it on E85...
obviously i won't DIY this so i'm in search of a professional.
i'm in france so if you know someone in france, that would be cool,
but i'm prepared to take the ferry and go to England if i need to, i would come to Australia or New Zealand if the cost to get the car there wasn't so high ... ;-)

thanks

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Lol, pay @TME_Steve to fly to France, pay for his accommodation, pay for the tune, pay for his flight home...

Alternatively... Pay a team of mercenaries to abduct @TME_Steve, ship him to France in a shipping container :p
Be careful though, he's an engineer, so like Tony Stark, he might build an iron man suit on the way over :D

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
@SAF68 is in France iirc and may have some ideas

kevin

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
david
Drive
2001 VR4 legnum
tried to contact SAF68 a couple of times, no response...i think they are out of business, can't even find their facebook page.
LOL flight up and down sidney is about 1500 euro, how much for the tune TME_Steve? you can stay with us there isn't much around here, we live quite remote, if you ski wecould go into the mountains (+-1h drive)... LOL
i'dd end up spending more on the tune than the car!!!

kevin

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
david
Drive
2001 VR4 legnum
is this possible???

i'm quite allright with all that's mechanical...
plus i have a good technician at my side. so, all i really need is some guidance in what i need to change/ install on my car
and afterwards i need someone who can do magic whit the numbers,

i had a look on youtube "guide to tune with the evoscan" but honestly seeing that doesn't comfort me in changing the maps on my car...

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
I know we had a tool on the LS motors to log, you had to follow a procedure once logging commenced so that the tuner could replicate it on their end and you'd receive a flash tuner tool, flash your car and send it back. Who knows if they just sent you a generic tune back tho

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
tried to contact SAF68 a couple of times, no response...i think they are out of business, can't even find their facebook page.
LOL flight up and down sidney is about 1500 euro, how much for the tune TME_Steve? you can stay with us there isn't much around here, we live quite remote, if you ski wecould go into the mountains (+-1h drive)... LOL
i'dd end up spending more on the tune than the car!!!
@TME_Steve

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Yeah I ski. Quite a bit actually ;)

That said it's a long way to France and an expensive journey. Send me an email to steve@transformance.com.au we might be able to work out a method. Definitely need dyno for E85 though so it would need to go on a dyno.

kevin

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
david
Drive
2001 VR4 legnum
it's been a couple of months now, and i've been able to contact SAF68, he quit the whole tuningshop thing, but he still wanted to fix me up with the parts i need for converting and tuning my car, he send me a list of things i would need and he told me he would be able to explain to me how to tune the car...or send him the data and he would send the modded maps back...he did say that all of that would be possible on the road without dyno???

after his e-mail i tried to contact him to get some more explanation about what he had send but after a dozen of calls i just gave up... i think it's no longer his priority to tune so...

i would like to know what it is that he send to me and if it's all needed or if i need other stuff.

K&N filter with adapter for VR4
high flow fuel pump special for E85
fmic 76mm
HKS SSQV 4 with adapter
6 denso iridium
wideband AEM

thanks a lot!!

Top Bottom