Which 7 seater?

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
Soon I will be in the market to purchase a 7 seater as we have a 4th child on the way. I was thinking about getting a 96 - 2000 Toyota Parado for a few reasons;
1. 7 seats
2. Price $15k - close to what I will probably get for the leggy
3. Rear split seat
4. Toyota reliability??

Anyone have thoughts?

Mike

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
none,

you need this to put the new baby in

thule-excellence_01-500x300.jpg

bam! now your legnum seats 6

Donkay

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Don
Drive
Mitsubishi RVR
Prado probably would be the go, as the motors in them are quite flawless, again if you did decide to go offroad as a family trip, it'd be worthwhile, (i've got a Vitara and I love offroading/beach sesh)

Plus, they'll hold their value to a certain point and yeah (if you do decide to resell)

So the practicallity, power (if you decide to tow, or bike rack for bikesssss) and comfort, why not

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
we have a 95 discovery 7 seater and its been brilliant (once it was on gas). obviously there are probably better options but just a thought-a newer diesel model?

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Mike, what engine is the Prado? The reason i ask is my 05 Prado is the 4.0 V6 vvti and even with the 80% HWY driving i do, i struggle to get below 13's/100. I have heard the 3.6's (I think the 00 petrols are 3.6) are just as bad if not worse.

Other than that, this one i have has 150+ on it now and as far as i know it has never missed a beat (Tis my company car)

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Another vote for the Elgrand! I've got a few here, never listed them on the site but I can if you like.

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
PS Mike, shoot me through the details of your Legnum again, I may have a buyer for you.

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
I love Odysseys but I have a feeling they would be expensive still? Yeah looks like $25k+ on carsales. Anyway they'd be my pick :( otherwise the Elgrands are good. I'd have one of them over a Prado especially if I didn't plan on off-roading pretty regularly - pet hate is big ignorant 4WDs cruising the suburbs.

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
I would consider the elgrand or the delica if I wanted to drive a van, but I spent a my child hood riding in the back of my parents van. So I am kinda over vans.

We did consider the Odyssey, however the early model looks aweful but it is in the price bracket.

I did hear the Parado was a little thirsty, but not much more than the Legnum.

Maybe a pimped up Elgrand with a massive turbo.. haha

G

Unregistered
Prados are good although would try for a diesel if budget allows. These are also great value...

volvo!

If you can get a T5 model V70 they go alright and handle reasonably too (good enough for UK motorway cops) although not as good as a leggie. Don't be scared by km's I had an 850 T5 with 350,000km plus inthe uk and it was still going strong.

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
We did see that volvo, but were turned off by the rear facing back seats.

An off the shelf supercharger kit... hmmmm. I wonder if I could get the chef to organise the kit to be installed in Japan before importing to get it past the wife... haha.

"It came standard, honest"

G

Unregistered
+1 for el grande, looked some the other week, pimpin lol and luxury

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
We did see that volvo, but were turned off by the rear facing back seats.

An off the shelf supercharger kit... hmmmm. I wonder if I could get the chef to organise the kit to be installed in Japan before importing to get it past the wife... haha.

"It came standard, honest"

Just get it straight from the depot to a workshop and plonked in, THEN go get it registered!

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Speaking of 7-seaters, I drove past a Toyota Corolla Verso yesterday in Newcastle.

Are they eligible for import? I saw lots of them when in Europe but this is the first I've seen one here.
Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide5.jpg

Top Bottom