Whiring Noise >?<

karlous54

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Karl
Drive
2000 Vr4 Manuel
Just had the clutch replaced about 500km ago and all seemed fine till the other day i stopped at the traffic lights ( Nothing violent just normal ) and when i went to drive off i heard a CLUNK noise coming from the front right. So i stopped again where i could, and drove off and it made the clunk nosie again :s

Now ive notice that its making a whiring noise which get more high pitch the faster you go, not loud but i can notice it. ( Same kind of noice as when you go in revearse gear). I have given the car a little bit of stick once or twice with the new clutch, nothing major.

So hopefully somone out there might Know something :)

(please Keep in mind im not a mechanic)

Cheers

karlous54

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Karl
Drive
2000 Vr4 Manuel
Oh yeah, the noise appears to be in every gear and is still there when the clutch is engaged. I feel that it isnt a gear box problem as everything feels fine in that area. I have also just had all the fluids changed in the diffs and gear box.

Cheers

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Do you still hear the noise when stopped and in neutral?
Leave it in neutral and depress the clutch does it start or stop?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
perhaps it is a wheel bearing or something similar if it is coming from the bottom right and increases with road speed, not engine rpm

karlous54

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Karl
Drive
2000 Vr4 Manuel
Hey, No you dont hear it when your stationary, and when i have my window down and going around a corner you can hear a ticking noise as if there was a stone in tread of the tyre, once you straighten up it goes away and your just left with the whiring noise.
Cheers :)

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
most likely a wheel bearing. Jack the side up the noise is coming from and check how much side to side and top to bottom movement there is around the wheel hub.

G

Unregistered
If there is a clicking when turning have a look at the cv joints if the boots a cracked get a red lith tac grease and fill see if this helps if the noise is quieter it may be time for a new set do both sides at the same time.

Top Bottom