White Globes???

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
Hey Guys, sorry to start a new thread as I know there are lots of threads on globes but everybody has their own personals views so a bit confused.

I recently got some Philips x-treme power globes and they claim to have a white light but no such luck although I have read others here have those light and they do emit a whitish light..they are still yellow!!!

So just wanted your opinions on where I could get a set of globes that will emit a nice white light..I'm not interested in HID'd though..

Thanks for your help guys...

RaZZa137

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Rowan
Drive
1998 PFL Legnum VR4 2012 Skoda Superb 1990 Suzuki GSF250
have u tried ebay?

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
It is hard to get a halogen bulb to shine white as its in their nature to shine light yellow. You will have to go with ones that have a slight blue coating on them which will make them shine whiter but this is also likely to decrease the effectiveness of the bulb. If you don't want HID's then your better off going for something like the Philip's vision plus which isn't totally white but will give you good output on your headlights. As far as I know you wont find globes that are pure white.

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
Check out xenonlook.com! Have a read through the group buy thread I started a while ago. They are white, even got a slight blue shine in them too. To replace parkers, low and high + foggies you're looking at around $150 shipped, still quiet alot cheaper than the useless Phillips. From memory timmae2006...

Stuff ebay!

+1 for not putting HID's in!!!

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
Razza - yes I have tried ebay and they have alot of those chepo brands that would probabily blow in a few weeks. They also have these? I dont know how good they are..and comments?

Macca - ya that what i was wondering if I can truly get a white light effect without using HID's. There are alot of globes out there that claim they will emit a white light but i'm not to confident if they really do. i bought the philips x-tremes and they are brighter than my stock globes but the light is yellow..thanks though.

Tom - yup I have seem yr threat Tom but I couldnt find these on ebay but thanks for the website..will definately check them out..

I would greatly appreciate your comments on how good these xenonlook globes are.

Thanks all for your replies...

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Aamir - When I owned Grandpa, I installed some Phillips Bluevision globes. Even though the bulbs are blue, they emitted a pretty good shine.
Here's some pics for comparison;
Normal globes;
IMGA2526.jpg

IMGA2525.jpg

I then installed these;
IMGA2533.jpg

IMGA2545.jpg

IMGA2544.jpg

I don't recommend going HIDs with the standard headlight casing. They weren't designed for HIDs. The Phillips globes I think are quite good, though they can get a little expensive. The Bluevisions aren't that dear but I was impressed by their shine. I had people flashing me thinking my highbeams were on.

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
Great thanks for the info brad..this is the second time I have bought Philips thinking they will nice and bright and I have been disappointed again..but will definately check out these..and thanks for the pics as well..makes the comparison much more clear...

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
I get that sometimes when I have my lights and/or fogs on... with standard bulbs! Sometimes I'm tempted to flash them back so they see how bright the high beams are :p

G

Unregistered
If your headlight lenses are faded and worn then give them a polishing up, it will make all the difference in the world. I saw a mate's lights go from an awful dull yellow to actually becoming white by doing this. The change was U N B E L E E V A B L E !!b

And if you don't know about colour temperature and degrees kelvin then go Google yourself a crash course. Many people falsely assume that higher degrees k = brighter, when in fact it will give you worse visibility. Ask yourself.. do you actually want white as in daylight white, or are you after the "honest, it's whiter than white yo" but really to everyone else it's blue look?

Currently my low beams are Philips "X-treme Power" H7 bought from Bursons. Says +80% light, which is the usual overstated claim, and they are 3,400k.. so should be on the yellower side. But the light is much fuller and looks whiter to me. I think the other popular ones are Osram Night-Breakers. Or you could try the Sylvannia Silverstar Ultras as I think they are 4100k.

There's some comparisons around if you Google it. Or go into Bursons or somewhere and see if they have an interactive Philips display to play with, they have heaps of different bulbs in their range and you will surely find one that you like. And for the LED parkers I'm using, they are described in the LED parkers thread, have a look for it.

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Also, speaking from experience, the whiter they are the more bad visibility on rain, heavy rains.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
I have the crystal vision 4300k, love them, the 5000k are probably too white for good vis, the 4300 was the right compromise for me. Yes the $40 4500k ones are crap. They lasted me 3 months.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
see how much issue you're having just trying to decide on a white globe?

go projector's.. you'll love it! lol

CLuTZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andre
Drive
C73A Lancer GSR, G6E Turbo MK2
Phillips Diamond Vision 4000k is what you want. I have them in my wagon, and highly recommend them

09062008004sn1.jpg
09062008004sn1.jpg

09062008004sn1.jpg

Emu

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Wayne
Drive
1999 Galant VR4 1993 HJ V6
You forgot me too, Tom.

And they look great. No problems with them and white look.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
I have Phillips ones that were meant to be white, but they're yellow still lol

Top Bottom