jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Doh!

Well done with the lucky gift prize... that should get you about 10mins on the dyno!:p

Do you know when you get your compliance plate?

We were hoping Friday just gone but who knows. Government departments just getting to back to work after the Xmas break so who knows??

Hopefully by the end of this week:confused:

G

Unregistered
Hey Mitchy,

That's pretty darn similar to what I do except I detail steel. Do you get to do any fancy modelling or do you just work it all out in 2D? I use ProSteel3D which is an addon to AutoCAD, but can be used for anything really, including Timber. I tell you the 3D side ProSteel has saved me heaps of time especially with kinks in buildings that have girder trusses:rolleyes:. Heaps of yucky trig in that.

Good luck in your new job!!

at the moment im just doing 2D, using AutoSketch.

however some of the other guys are starting to use a 3D program called MiTek i think... not to sure on that one!
a 3D layout can definately help, especially with houses with different height roofs that overlap, etc.

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
I am an Architect in a medium sized practice in Brisbane. I am overseeing all of the Aged Care projects in the office, and am also working on BP refinery work. We do mostly large commercial building, high rise, hospitals, public buildings, university buildings, resorts and the like.

G

Unregistered
i work for an insurance company based in SA, doing motor claims.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Steve, Which one? PM me some more details, and let me know if your work does leggies (pretty sure I know who, but any conneciton is good ;) )

G

Unregistered
I'm a coporate tax consultant in Melbourne. Used to work at Holden in their tax division until i realised they make terrible cars.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Currently doing Configuration Management (I wonder if anyone knows what that is)

Anyone who works in software development ought to know what that is, and know how damn difficult it is to get right. Humans just don't seem to be evolved to organise stuff. Finding someone who *enjoys* configuration management (and is actually good at it) is near impossible!

Me, if you haven't guessed already, I'm a software developer. Seems to be quite a few geeks on board here (I use that term with affection - geeky is not necessarily uncool). Maybe the hi-tech nature of the VR4 attracts geeky types?

G

Unregistered
Lee, its RAA Insurance. we insure leggies, and i had a quote through us (well, H2P actually, which is our just cars version) and it was $200 more than what i was quoted through shannons which was only $1154 full comp, 23yr old rating 1.

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
I'm a draftie/transport modeller/engineer for a Traffic Engineering consultancy on the gold coast. We do a lot of work for DA submissions (Traffic impact assessments, etc) and also on a larger scale for council consulting on necessesary road upgrades etc.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
I'm a draftie/transport modeller/engineer for a Traffic Engineering consultancy on the gold coast. We do a lot of work for DA submissions (Traffic impact assessments, etc) and also on a larger scale for council consulting on necessesary road upgrades etc.

Sweet, how do i convince my local council to tar the 450 meter road to the start of my propoerty which services 9 lots?

Also is there a maximum inclination past which council HAVE to tar the road??

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Lee, its RAA Insurance. we insure leggies, and i had a quote through us (well, H2P actually, which is our just cars version) and it was $200 more than what i was quoted through shannons which was only $1154 full comp, 23yr old rating 1.

Mine was $770p/a two 30+ rating 1 $22,000 through shannons

Oh and I do car stuff

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
Sweet, how do i convince my local council to tar the 450 meter road to the start of my propoerty which services 9 lots?

Also is there a maximum inclination past which council HAVE to tar the road??

wait for a development to go in at the end of the road. The developer will have to seal it. Council will do sweet FA. :banghead:

G

Unregistered
Who dat CM?

I work for a large international company heavily into transport and defence. Currently doing Configuration Management (I wonder if anyone knows what that is) for an Australian defence platform.

There are more CM people out there than you'd think, but a lot of them prefer to say that they're tax collectors or street walkers.

I just left Defence after a few years working as the CM for Satellites Branch.

I'm relieved to say that I'm escaping to Bega to take up tools as an Electronics Technician (a job I did for the Air Force for a long time).

And no, it won't be all IT. There'll be PABX work in there too. For variety. *grins*

Jimbo

G

Unregistered
Organisational Psychologist here.

Leigh

Edit: and manwhore on the weekends...

G

Unregistered
Contract Geologist - yes im a rock licker :ROFLMAO:. Spend more time behind monitors but every now and then im allowed out of the office...

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Contract Geologist - yes im a rock licker :ROFLMAO:. Spend more time behind monitors but every now and then im allowed out of the office...

Hey Chrus,

I used to be a borehole Geophysicist (fancy name for someone who sticks tools down holes) do you deal much with borehole exploration?

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
borehole Geophysicist (fancy name for someone who sticks tools down holes)

Okay, now this initially brought scary images into my head... LOL

Really, it sounds like euphemistic slang for unspeakable sexual practices!

G

Unregistered
Hey Chrus,

I used to be a borehole Geophysicist (fancy name for someone who sticks tools down holes) do you deal much with borehole exploration?
Havent used someone in your ex-profession for a while. Last time i did anything remotely like that was 2 years ago in the Pilbara for DeGrey Mining. They were doing moving loop and DH conductivity + bit of ground based EM...while i was baby sitting a RC Rig.

Im currently contracted to Excalibur Mining here in Perth with main operations in lovely Tennant Creek :ROFLMAO:. Good job, though i have only been doing this for 3.5 years so i suppose the $$ will come with experience.

Top Bottom