Who does what?

G

Unregistered
What is everyone's occupation?

alot of people on the forums seem to have IT based jobs, but obviously there are people that dont, and it would be good to see who does what, and who you can pester if you need something!

at the moment, i'm looking for a new job.. i've tried sales, production, manual labour.. but i just dont know what i want to do.

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Yeah I want a new job too, I work for Internode a ISP... I sit behind a computer and answer Sales related questions all day... It's very boring but gives me a lot of time to browse Oz VR4... :)

But I'd way prefer to be outside doing something...

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Instructor with Excom Education, with enough letters after my name to rival some of my Greek neighbours. My job's to show people how to do it right first-time around with a focus on business and users.

I'm currently touring the country wherever they need a Vista instructor (deployments, upgrades en-masse, etc) which means I get to see a number of y'all. Travel sends me to all corners of this gorgeous country and Singapore's new office is another list to my shennanigans.

I just explain it in plain English during business hours with a pint in hand afterwards ;) I learned that part from my previous life, which was eleven years working in hospitality :D

(If anyone finds this post under Google... yes there is someone always home and you have to get past a lot of things to get at my Legnum. I hope you enjoyed the use of your legs.)

Fred

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Fred
Drive
1998 Legnum VR-4 & 1999 Legnum VR-4 w. Recaros
I'm an "Apprentice Technician" (Grease Monkey) for Audi....and i'm still a noob when it comes to turbo car's :rolleyes: oh and the pay is SHIT.........

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
Hmmm... thats a tough one for me...

I guess I get my spending money by playing around on the stock market, but this is not my occupation as it only takes an hour out of my day.

I'm a part time student studying Yoga, and also seem to be spending some of my time overseas doing volunteer work.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
I work for River Music, I sell musical instruments. I also do a metric shiteload of repairs, guitar tech stuff (setups and the like) and I teach guitar. Not so much private lessons anymore, but I teach little kids at a nearby primary school before school/work 3 days a week. The place is awesome, I have the coolest co-workers, the most fun bosses who have some of the most interesting links to the music industry. So I've met quite a few cool names in the business...not necessarily massive names...but cool ones to know.

On another note, man the year twos are hard to control in the morning!!! Wooooaahhh nelly!!

But they think I'm god when I walk around with the guitar and a mini marshall stack clipped to my strap hahah..it's so much fun :D

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Haha fun stuff Paul :D

Gav I didn't realise you worked for Excom - your sales staff call me every couple of months trying to sell courses. Neither me nor the guys who do work for me have ever taken them up as the pricing is... designed for the corporate market LOL

Personally I'm in a transitional phase - been running my own IT consulting business for five years but change is afoot ;)

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
I work for a large international company heavily into transport and defence. Currently doing Configuration Management (I wonder if anyone knows what that is) for an Australian defence platform.

G

Unregistered
Apprentice-Aircraft engineer and if your over 21 and start a new apprentiship the pay is alot better but still not that great.
I'm not in the Defence force but we work on there aircraft.

Nash

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Craig
Drive
1988 Honda CRX (Series 2)
1998 FL Legnum VR-4
2012 Kia Optima Platnum
I am the Email Administrator for Parliament House....

Yep another IT geek...

I did want to be in a Rock'n'Roll band. Shame I can't sing or play an instrument.

G

Unregistered
I run my own painting contractor business. Gets me away from desks anyway...PS Lee, where on the coast you at , never seen your car??

G

Unregistered
Apprentice-Aircraft engineer and if your over 21 and start a new apprentiship the pay is alot better but still not that great.
I'm not in the Defence force but we work on there aircraft.

i've just turned 21.. and was looking at an apprenticeship, but the money was holding me back... might have to investigate further...

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
I work as a sales rep for a electrical wholesaler, driving around a few days a week kissing the butts of electricains. When I am not driving around I am in the store kissing more butt. I have been working in the same place for 12 years and I am gunning for the managers job.

But come 4:30 each day, I am father of the year !

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Haha fun stuff Paul :D

Sure is :) The only down side is it's just retail so the money isn't that great. But I'm happy to have less money and far more fun and satisfaction.

If I really wanted to rake it in, I'd just set up a space and teach privately again...which I may still do in the future part time.

Oh and to anyone who plays guitar and wants some help, I'm more than happy to help out! :cool:

Top Bottom