Who needs a wagon!?

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Check out all the gear I stuffed into the Galant last night for my gig haha!

Boot:
1x Peavy 600w combo bass amp
1x Laney GH50 valve amp head
Plus the diatone sub thingy at the back of the boot

IMG_3657.jpg

IMG_3658.jpg

Back seat:
1x Laney 4x12 quad box
1x Semi Acoustic guit (like a gretsch 6120)
1x Electric guit (like a les paul, actually made by a company who was sued by gibson)
1x Bass guitar
1x bag of all goodies and stuff...aanndd I still had room to keep my missus' chrissy presents hidden under it all lol

IMG_3660.jpg

IMG_3659.jpg

IMG_3656.jpg

I'm ssoooo glad there's enough room between the bottom of the back seat and the top of the door arch to clear a quaddie!!! :D

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
In a legnum you would have been able to fit that much in it, plus 5 people :D

chriso

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Chris
Drive
Mitsubishi Challenger Nissan Elgrand
Hey Paul one word ...........WAGON

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
In answer to your question 'Who needs a Wagon?'

You do !! :D

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Nice work but...

Who needs a VR4!

Fit all this into my little suzuki 500kg van:

- Full size 4 drawer steel filing cabinet
- Porcelain water tower
- Tower pc
- LCD screen and speakers, keyboard etc
- 100 suspension files
- Toolbox

Admittedly the other stuff was all reasonably small. And had to unbolt the front passenger seat to get a few extra cm's space.

DSCF4609.jpg

DSCF4614.jpg

DSCF4616.jpg

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
*sniff* *sniff*

I smell a friendly competition.
How many uni students can you fit in a Galant and a Legnum.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
LOL Steve :p

I like Pete's idea - we should have a competition to see who can fit the most people in their cars! What a freaken funny thread THAT would be!

And no midgets aren't allowed... Unless they only count as half a person?? ;)

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
lol I dont need room for passengers ;) I don't need a wagon :p

G

Unregistered
I don't need a wagon either... in fact we barely use the other wagon! haha

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
Paul i wouldnt want to be you if you had to stop in a hurry with all that heavy gear behind you shit airbag wont stop the ton of heavy gear about to try and make the steering wheel go through your chest lol

Get a wagon and a cargo barrier dude if you want all that in the car.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
My current DRIVEABLE record in a wagon... TWELVE ADULTS (18yo-21yo).

Car was right down to the stoppers and the brakes made an interesting smell by the 25km mark.

Front Driver: Me
Front Passenger: two smaller people.
Back Seat: Five Passengers (three sitting back, and two sitting forwards between them in a staggered seating position)
Rear: Four adults (sitting facing each other in a 2x2 configuration with knees around their ears).

This was during "The Falls Festival" where we had to get some things @ Lorne and then drive back to the festival area. We were working as bar staff volunteers in the 2000-2001 festival and it was either make three trips or one. So illegal but arrived ok.

This was done in Seth the Magna Wagon!

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
gotta love the falls stories!
Hopefully Ill get back there one day! 12 is a good effort! My record is 9 in our XE wagon, 3 in the front row (bench seat), 3 in the next row, and 3 in the boot. It saved 2 cab fares into town as cabs can only take 4 people (unless your lucky and get a 6 seater).

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Paul i wouldnt want to be you if you had to stop in a hurry with all that heavy gear behind you shit airbag wont stop the ton of heavy gear about to try and make the steering wheel go through your chest lol

Get a wagon and a cargo barrier dude if you want all that in the car.

You mean the heavy gear that was strapped in by the handle via the tensioned seatbelt? It wasn't moving anywhere...

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
You mean the heavy gear that was strapped in by the handle via the tensioned seatbelt? It wasn't moving anywhere...
Definitely staying out of that arguement...

That's a damn good effort, Gav! I once transported 11 (+me driving) in an old stripped-out Mitsubishi L300 when I was 19, but that's a van so a lot more room. Got freaked out by a tailing cop car doing that too, but somehow they must have missed it looking as though the shocks had been completely removed... :rolleyes:

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
SA, seriously. It weighs about 1/2 of an average passenger (35kg MAX...I can lift it pretty easily and I'm no muscle bound lad!)...time for people to ease up a bit...far out. And here you are posting about 11 people in a car that couldn't be restrained in any way...:rolleyes:

Noone would say anything if I posted a pic of a 70kg passenger in my back seat hey? Jesus guys...

G

Unregistered
SA, seriously. It weighs about 1/2 of an average passenger (35kg MAX...I can lift it pretty easily and I'm no muscle bound lad!)...time for people to ease up a bit...far out. And here you are posting about 11 people in a car that couldn't be restrained in any way...:rolleyes:

Noone would say anything if I posted a pic of a 70kg passenger in my back seat hey? Jesus guys...

whats wrong with a bit of double standards? :D

i now know why i need a wagon..

came around a bend with 2 AYC lights up on the dash, and noticed a cop car about 200m up the road...
thry drove past me and didnt even look! :D

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Hahaha Paul I was staying OUT of it!!

Seriously I've been transporting heavy stuff in my sedan all the time for years, which is really why I'm getting a wagon now. I figure if it's got a seatbelt around it or its on the floor it'll be fine *shrugs*

I can see the benefit of a cargo barrier if you move heavy gear all the time and don't want to take the time to strap it down, but if you can put a belt around it I don't see the problem.

Hey at the end of the day its your car and your gear, so the rest of us can STFU!! ;)

Top Bottom