Wanted SA Whole Manual Conversion

DimKa

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Dimitrios
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi VR4 Legnum Type V
As title states, after a manual gearbox conversion (or if someone can point me in the right direction).

Located in SA 5109 but happy to pay for postage, depending on location. Cheers

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual
I will be selling one very soon. I bought a car with a blown motor to transfer my driveline in my crashed Galant.

Will be looking at 2500 + post

DimKa

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Dimitrios
Drive
I will be selling one very soon. I bought a car with a blown motor to transfer my driveline in my crashed Galant.

Will be looking at 2500 + post
Sounds good mate. I'm assuming everything required will be there? Have cash waiting.

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual
Sounds good mate. I'm assuming everything required will be there? Have cash waiting.

Yeah I have no use for the box currently in there. Will be removing box, shifter assy, pedal assy, slave cyl etc.

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual
Great, keep me posted.
I should be removing the engine + box etc out of my new shell next week.

I will be removing as per: https://www.ozvr4.com/threads/manual-conversion.12558/
  • Manual Gearbox
  • Clutch assembly
  • Gearbox/engine divider plate (this is important, don't forget it or the starter motor won't mount up properly)
  • clutch master cylinder
  • clutch slave cylinder and mounting bolts
  • Get 2 to 3 meters of clutch line made up before hand as re-routing the standard stuff nicely sucks
  • Get the manual reverse gear indicator plug (not sure yet if you can hook it up to the auto loom, but it is worth having)
  • Left hand half shaft
  • left hand inner shaft (the one behind the inner CV, it is shorter on the manual and correspods to the longer half shaft)
  • Manual Brake pedal
  • Clutch pedal
  • Manual shifter, including all bolts and the cables

The clutch line you will need to get made up yourself as above.

Freight will be interesting to try organize - I guess I will just slap it all on a standard pallet? All ears if you have shipped something like this before.

If freight is too difficult/expensive I will end up selling locally (VIC).

DimKa

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Dimitrios
Drive
I should be removing the engine + box etc out of my new shell next week.

I will be removing as per: https://www.ozvr4.com/threads/manual-conversion.12558/

The clutch line you will need to get made up yourself as above.

Freight will be interesting to try organize - I guess I will just slap it all on a standard pallet? All ears if you have shipped something like this before.

If freight is too difficult/expensive I will end up selling locally (VIC).

That's perfect (as per that list) - understandable about the clutch line.

Standard pallet should be fine. I have shipped motors before without issue but I can't recall freight company I used.

If you get stuck just let me know and I'll see what I can do from my end (might just be a case of you dropping it off somewhere). Cheers.

DimKa

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Dimitrios
Drive
Bit of bad news on my end, mate. Had a roo decide it'd be a good idea to jump out and see if it's stronger than my car, doing 110 (me, not the roo haha)

You'll have to sell locally mate as I've got a fair bit of critical damage to fix now so gonna put the manual swap on hold.

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual
Bit of bad news on my end, mate. Had a roo decide it'd be a good idea to jump out and see if it's stronger than my car, doing 110 (me, not the roo haha)

You'll have to sell locally mate as I've got a fair bit of critical damage to fix now so gonna put the manual swap on hold.

Fuck mate no good. Hope you are all good and at least the car sounds fixable.

DimKa

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Dimitrios
Drive
Fuck mate no good. Hope you are all good and at least the car sounds fixable.
Thanks mate. Everyone onboard was fine but man did it rattle us.

Yeah, she's salvageable but was quite lucky that the intercooler and radiator acted as a backup reo bar aha.

Top Bottom