Will Evo 1-3 front Brembo adapters fit on a PFL?

Mulvi

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Jack
Drive
1997 PFL Mitsubishi Galant VR4 Manual
just been surfing the interwebs and came across a New Zealand company called Racefab. was having a sus to see if they made anything for the ec5a/ec5w and stumbled across these. I thought I read somewhere that evo 1-3 brakes have the same mounting holes as the PFL Legnums and Galants. Now I was wondering if this was the case and if so would these be a better option than new hubs ect for a brembo upgrade. my bad if this has already been discussed
Link to Facebook photo
https://www.facebook.com/4024515394...02451539413/10153127903769414/?type=1&theater
Website
http://racefab.co.nz/
11024657_10153127903769414_2594962785395158808_n.jpg

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Drop them a line and ask, plenty of VR4s in NZ someone's bound to have tried it over there?

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Racefab is a business local to me. If you drop Rob a line I can organise to bring a PFl hub carrier and brembo caliper round there to check. Hes a busy man but sure he will have time for it.

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
No downside. The reason kiwis don't use the adaptor is because any modification to the braking system requires a "low volume vehicle transport agency certification" which is about 450$ worth for someone to give it a big ol' tick and say yeah its safe. But if you put FL carriers on it all looks stock bolt on, and you can bulls**it your way through and say its a "factory option" avoiding the certification issue all together.

Mulvi

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Jack
Drive
It looks like a pretty gutsy bracket dont think you would have to worry about it breaking or anything like that

I wonder if we would run into the same issues here in aus (now that I think of it its more than likley)

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
It looks like a pretty gutsy bracket dont think you would have to worry about it breaking or anything like that
definatly not. The owner of www.evoparts.co.nz uses these adaptors on his evo 3 racecar to run late model evo brembos. If he uses them on his racecar im happy as to use them on a family wagon. (If i was so inclined to own a pesant PFL that is haha)

Mulvi

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Jack
Drive
Its good to hear that they're proven to work well. All we need to know now is if they will fit on our peasant PFL's hahaha :p

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Like I said If someone emails him to see if he has the time I can get a hold of a PFL carrier and take one of my brembo calipers down whilst my car is off the road amd check fitment for you chaps.

Mulvi

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Jack
Drive
Ive sent the facebook page a message just seeing if he knows off the top of his head. If he doesnt know im sure we could organise something :)

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Sweet. I know Racefab is run of their feet busy with selling their evo tubular subframes all over the world etc but surely he won't mind me popping down for 5 mins to check. He Is kind of famous on ozvr4 being his racefab TD04 manifolds are on the car that holds the stock block power record here..

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Soo famous that there aren't more going around which is a shame :-(

Does he have a jig for those?

Top Bottom