Will the ganador mirror for legnum fit into galant chassis?

G

Unregistered
I just ordered a pair ganador mirror through rhdjapan.com. I'm aware that in their website it's written EC5W fitment. My car is a galant with chasis code EC5A. And I thought there shouldn't be any fitment issue as it looks the same. Well, i never really see a legnum in a real life. After they charged my cc, then a replied came and said the order is void cause the mirror is not compatible with my car, which i am a bit disappointed cause they should review my order first before charging my cc. But they refunded the money. So there is no problem.

Here is the link to the mirror:
https://www.rhdjapan.com/home/products/product_detail.php?int_product_id=162

Can I anyone confirm that if it's true?

Before I ordered this mirror, I emailed and asked them if the cusco front and rear sway bar for legnum will fit to galant. They said it will not fit but Kieran confirmed it will fit. and lots of clubvr4.com member use it.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I'm 100% certain it will fit, as there is no difference between the wagon and sedan at the front end. It makes sense for Mitsubishi to make parts as interchangable between the two models as possible.

Having said that you might feel more comfortable asking Brad or Carsten, as I haven't actually tried to compare the wing mirror assembly between the Galant and Legnum personally.

G

Unregistered
Im 110% certain that ganador mirrors will fit either sedan or wagon.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
yeah they will fit fine.

There is no difference in front of the B pillar at all, even the front doors fit either car!

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
just a quickie about these ganador style mirrors.. are they electric mirrors? I mean they're not manual right?!

G

Unregistered
just a quickie about these ganador style mirrors.. are they electric mirrors? I mean they're not manual right?!

Electric adjustment, yes.

Heated, No
Electrically foldable, No

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
i dont really care about the electric heated or folding.. just wanna make sure that the adjustments are all electronic.. :D

G

Unregistered
most ganador mirrors are the fixed type... besides, who actually uses the folding mirrors, i've had them for years and it was purely novelty.

G

Unregistered
i always thought... if you need to fold in the mirrors to park, how the fark do you open the door? :p

G

Unregistered
I use the folding mirrors because in my rolla someone walked past my car in the carpark and pulled the mirror back and it smashed ... It could have been an accident i don't know.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
i always thought... if you need to fold in the mirrors to park, how the fark do you open the door? :p

It's mainly to make it easier to walk down the side of the car when it's in the garage. There is room to open the door (but not very far).

Lee

G

Unregistered
it is also handy to have them folded back when your in in a car park because i have heard of people having there mirrors damaged by people walking through the cars and bumping into them

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
There are electrically adjustable and manual adjustable ones, naturally sold at quite different prices!I have a set of Carbon Fibre manual ones here, they look ohh so nice :D

G

Unregistered
The main reason I choose this mirror is because it's electrically adjustable a friend of mine said all ganador mirror should be electricaly adjustable if if doesn't then it's fake one.....but i don't know for sure.....

bad news I just max out my cc buying this mirror, then I have to wait 7-10 days for refunded transfer back to my cc then i'll repurchase it again.

If rhd did a review on my order before cancel it, the mirror should be here by tuesday or wedneday next week =(

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
The Ganador website listed electric and non-electric ones a while ago. I remember the google translation quite well

"The one it adjusts itself"

"The one you adjust with hand"

Top Bottom