Window Tinting - Getting it done for $40 per window

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Well, I got it back and DAMN the rear windows are dark! Is that how they come from the factory? It's amazing how you go the 35% legal tint (Victoria) and the rears are almost blacked out in comparison. It's a great finish though... just have to wait a few days to cure/stick properly.

Also, the person who took the car in had never seen or heard of "Legnum" before, thought the other person who took the booking made a mis-spelling of Renault's "Laguna" (I mean, fair enough I suppose) and was quite surprise to see Loki roll up instead. At least he knew what a Galant was :D

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
I swear *laughs* every time I put a photo up in my "ride" thread a swarm of y'all descend on it. It's now left for tinker mods. Have to pay Gly for the rear handles now the central locking is in and I can do the mod.

This time, it'll have number plates and I have a few locations in mind. Was driving it home and had another wagon full of young blokes (in a Camry, we all had to start somewhere) next to me asking me to roll down the windows to talk... they were just amazed to see one in the flesh. Of course, I couldn't roll down my windows to say "g'day" because of the new tint.

However, I did give them a good send-off at the green o' lights to show my appreciation ;). Gotta give the third car (Lexus IS250) effort points for trying however.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
hey guys.. Im after car window tints.. Im not sure if I've said this.. but lately I've been seeing alot of cars with half mirror/half dark tints on their windows... what I meant by half is.. from the bottom to the middle section of the window is mirror then from middle to the top is just plain dark or 35% tints.. does anyone know who does them?

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
One word Christian.... NO

Please.... No.....

lol

IMO those tints look super tacky - go for nice dark black - it will make your car look meaner.

cheers

Lee

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
yeah, you will look like a ricer........no wait, you already are! /points at brakes

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
mines a series 1 legnum and has all rear windows sides and rear and back etc all in the factory glass tint that cant be removed looks awesome and you dont seem to be able to mark it so the kids wont be able to scratch it.

just need to put something on the front ones

ah also my sunroof is tinted in the same tinted Glass etc not a stick on i thought that was a good idea you dont have to get burnt when you have it open etc

Top Bottom