Windscreen Wipers

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Hi everyone,

I had a search through here but couldn't find anything so here's my question ;

Has anyone here had to replace their windscreen wipers yet ?
Or the actual wiper parts themselves ?

My right wiper thingo keeps sliding out as it wipes. To the point where the end of the wiper arm was scratching the window which I didn't realise at the time due to the pouring rain & thunder. Now when it's raining I have to pull over nearly every 20 minutes & re-adjust it to stop the wiper arm from scratching my window again...

I'm curious as to what I can do about it ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated !!!

Cheers,
Brad.

Fred

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Fred
Drive
1998 Legnum VR-4 & 1999 Legnum VR-4 w. Recaros
just buy some narrow-back wiper inserts from k-mart or auto shops, and replace them. it'll take u 5 mins. i recommend Trico brand, they have instructions on the back also

G

Unregistered
If your after a wiper arm there should be a part number on it somehwere.
And yea just check if you need 6mm or 8mm wiper blades.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Anyone also noticed that to replace the arms, they're different sizes? :)

G

Unregistered
mine are rusted. :/ dont know whether its worth trying to sand them back and paint them again, or buy new ones.

G

Unregistered
I think they must be 8mm blades, because mine keep falling out as well, but I dont bother stopping because the window has a massive crack in it anyway so I really dont give a s**t if it gets scratched.

G

Unregistered
still not fixed Ryan?
courier company still not playing nice?

G

Unregistered
Yeah they have come through with the with the OK to fix now just waiting on panel beaters to fit me in some where, in the next couple of weeks I should be able to drop it off, I hope anyway, its been awhile and I just want it fixed.

G

Unregistered
Can you claim the window on insurance, I think you get 1 window a year free with some insurance companies.
Will it be replaced with an original one or another one that fits?
Hope the replacement has the big blue tint across the top like the original one.

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
mine are rusted. :/ dont know whether its worth trying to sand them back and paint them again, or buy new ones.

Mine came up a treat after a quick sand and spray!! Definately try it before shelling out the cash for a new set.

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Measure the length of both arms, including the rear one and then head into autobarn or repco etc and ask em for some that match. Easy peasy.

G

Unregistered
i need to replace my blades, they are stuffed as for the arms the previous owner put carbon fiber arms on mine and left the originals in the boot, so i was lucky with that..

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Yes they should have. We use Valvoline Narrow back (6mm) but any brand will do, just cut the excess off with side cutters. As the drivers side is the longest at 550mm a pair at 600mm will see ya right.

G

Unregistered
i fitted new bosch wiper arms with the small spoiler on,

i found the cheap wiper rubber replaceents wore out/dried up fairly quick, so i do whole arm replacements now

also the unspoilered arms that came standard lifted a bit and didnt wipe well at speed.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
I bought the "Aunger" series of wiper arms, with the CF look to match the interior of the Super VR-4.

Ok, so they have the spoilers which do work a treat at 110km/h on the Hume Highway but the silicon-based wiper blades make no squeaking noises when they go about their business.

Gav

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
Galant
Just bumping an old post. Anyone replaced their wiper arms lately and if do what did you use.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Ivan supplies some good options not sure if he's still a trader?

Top Bottom