Winton Fun day, SATURDAY 2 JULY 2011

leg-it

Crunching Gears
First Name
Alex C
Drive
1997 Legnum VR-4
sorry ! its Saturday 2 july , ,my bad!

calling all vr4's, it's time to get on the track and see what your car can really do!
saturday 2 july 2011.
who's in???????????

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
If your car's working you should do this day. I've done 2 (both in my old FTO) and they were both awesome fun for the money.

I'd love to do this one, but until I get my AYC and LCAs fixed I really shouldn't. If I manage to get that done by then I'll try make it though.

leg-it

Crunching Gears
First Name
Alex C
Drive
1997 Legnum VR-4
2011 FUN DAYS
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is a Fun Day:
An opportunity for people over 16 years old to drive around the circuit under controlled conditions. Children
must be at least 14 years old to be passengers. It is not a day for young people to learn to drive a car.
2. Fun Day dates in 2011 will be held on:
Fun Days are being held on Sunday 23rd January, Saturday 2nd July and Sunday 11th December.
3. How much does the Fun Day cost?
$35.00 per participant – whether you are a competitor or passenger.
4. What time do the gates open?
Gates open at 8.00am
Scrutineering commences at 8.15am.
A compulsory Driver’s Briefing is held at 10.00am.
Activities on the Track commence immediately after Drivers Briefing.
5. What are the rules of participation in the Fun Day?
 Speed Restriction – all drivers will be limited to 80% of the potential of both the car and driver.
This is not a race. There will be large differences between the speed of each vehicle so be careful. Anyone
exceeding the 80% rule or overdriving will be flagged off the track and warned. A second offence will mean
that it is home-time for you.
 Scrutineering - All cars must have a safety check and receive an ‘OK’ sticker before going onto the circuit for
the first time. Vehicles must be roadworthy or race worthy.
 Brake lights must work
 Clothing – must be non-flammable cotton or, preferably, wool – nonylon– covering wrist to neck to ankles.
Proper enclosed footwear – non flammable. No thongs or sandals.
All participants must wear a helmet which complies with current Australian Standards.
 Seatbelts must be worn at all times. Done up tightly.
 Sessions - activities will be conducted in session of 25 minutes Driver only, followed by 25 minute session for
driver and passenger. Sessions maybe shorter than 25 minutes, depending on track problems with cars etc.
 Noise – All vehicles must have an effective muffler fitted to the vehicles exhaust system in a manner which will
reduce the engine noise. Maximum noise level permitted is 95dBA
 Other cars - Be careful of other cars, watch out for them and give clear hand signals if you are going to slow
down. Pull off and brake early when safe to do so. Do not brake suddenly when cars are following close
behind. If you need to slow down, give hand signal and pull out of the way of others.

leg-it

Crunching Gears
First Name
Alex C
Drive
1997 Legnum VR-4
the noise limit of 95dba , well they never seem to worry about that? my leggy would be very close.
there are always cars that are so much louder then mine on track.

wil

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wil
Drive
99 Leggy
how many cars are in one group thou? do you need CAMS?

leg-it

Crunching Gears
First Name
Alex C
Drive
1997 Legnum VR-4
how many cars are in one group thou? do you need CAMS?
no cams needed,
as for number of cars, well it depends on the turn out for the day? but they are very good at keeping it to the right numbers on track.

leg-it

Crunching Gears
First Name
Alex C
Drive
1997 Legnum VR-4
the time is very near! ... come to winton, $35 and a tank of petrol. best fun you can have in your vr4!

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Advan Neova Cup anyone @ Winton? :) An interesting way to "race" and compare online!

leg-it

Crunching Gears
First Name
Alex C
Drive
1997 Legnum VR-4
i just hope to see at least one other vr4 there.... come on people!

leg-it

Crunching Gears
First Name
Alex C
Drive
1997 Legnum VR-4
was soo good, nice weather and lots of hot laps! got to test out some new bits on my car too, ie front camber mod and Kumho KU36 tires = mad grip!

Top Bottom