Wiring up a autogauge Boost Gauge

Harlequin

Crunching Gears
First Name
Trent
Drive
'98 Galant VR4 Type S
Hey All,

I've done abit of a search but couldn't find the info I needed (found the info about what vaccum line to use though!). I just bought a Autogauge Boost guage and having some trouble figuring out the wiring. There are 3 wires to connect up, 1 is ve+, one is ve-and one is acc. What I'm trying to figure out is which wires under the dash are the best to connect these to?

Thanks in advance.

Harlequin

Crunching Gears
First Name
Trent
Drive
'98 Galant VR4 Type S
I should have mentioned that, I'm planning on having in on the dash (drivers side) near the A pillar

Harlequin

Crunching Gears
First Name
Trent
Drive
'98 Galant VR4 Type S
hmmm thats for dimming the gauge but from reading that is it safe to assume that if I find red and black wiring under the dash those will be positive and negitive wires respectively?

mchieff

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dennis
Drive
Legnum
Its likely but no way guaranteed.
Really need a multimeter to do this sort of job

lathiat

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trent Lloyd
Drive
97 Legnum (Manual)
An easy place to get it from is the stereo harness.

G

Unregistered
The back of the power mirror switch is an easy place to get power. Please double check it with a multimeter, but from memory the blue wire was positive and your negative goes to the chassis (eg: under a bolt). It's been a while, so no guarantees.

leggei007

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeff Stewart
Drive
88 Astra turbo n 2012 Holden Cruze diesel hatch
pm me n i can send u some pics of where i wired mine to or if ur going to the cruise i can bring my tools with me n do it on the side of the road.... connecting it up behind the stereo can cause probs if not done rite n the same with the mirror switch.....

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
I wired mine to the dash brightness potentiometer. Dimmable then!

Harlequin

Crunching Gears
First Name
Trent
Drive
'98 Galant VR4 Type S
Cool thanks guys, I'm slowly getting my head around it (I don't have much electrical know-how...) one last question though for the negative wire can I just put that straight onto the chassis? or is it best to attach it to a ground wire from the headunit/cig lighter/other?

I plan on doing a write-up for this so other noobs like me don't ask the same questions lol

lathiat

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trent Lloyd
Drive
97 Legnum (Manual)
ground on the chassis would usually be fine but i just ran it through to the boost gauge and then onto the cigarette lighter power..

lathiat

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trent Lloyd
Drive
97 Legnum (Manual)
having said that if its a digital sensor since its on its own usually 5v signal plain it might be marginally better to wire the ground together directly but in reality probably wouldnt matter much

Top Bottom