Workshop Manual Translation

G

Unregistered
I am starting a google doc dedicated to translating the damn japanese workshop manual to engrish if you want to be added as a user I guess PM your gmail address.

I am just using internet translation tools to get a rough start so anyone who knows anyone in the japanese realm may be able to help tidy a few things up anyway.

smohekey

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott Mohekey
Drive
Legnum
I've already done some of this on a wikia wiki, maybe we should concentrate our efforts there? It makes it open for everyone and gives us nice formatting etc. http://vr4.wikia.com/

I've been using google translate, it gets most of the work done. The hard part is converting tables.

G

Unregistered
Sounds too much like hard work, and I'm not sure how much is already covered by the JPNZ manual. But if you are wanting once off translation of specs perhaps the easiest way is to post up the page reference & details in here:

http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4504

Heaps of general stuff is already covered in the English manuals, so unless you are doing very 6A13TT engine specific work you can usually find the info in those PDFs. The chapters & pages cross reference pretty closely too.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I haven't mentioned this previously because I don't want to get anyone prematurely excited, but a friend of a friend is a professional translator (she's Japanese / German and speaks both as well as English fluently) and she has offered to help me out in her spare time. I'm meeting with her in a week or so to give her a copy of the JPNZ manual and go over the Japanese version, but so far she's keen to help. I'll provide updates as I have them, but given the size of this project and how busy she is I expect it will take quite some time yet...

smohekey

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott Mohekey
Drive
Legnum
It would be good if we could combine all of these translation efforts, so that we're not all stepping on each others toes.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
It would make the most sense if we gave the possible translators both the Japanese and JPNZ manuals and only get them to translate the stuff that is missing. The problem we have is that we don't really know how much stuff is actually missing from the JPNZ manual!

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
There is also the 2002 Mitsubishi Supplemental Manual that I've ordered, am waiting for it to be delivered, that includes service bulletins and any changes made during series 2 production. That Nat & I will translate for wiki and members use!!

Top Bottom