Status
Not open for further replies.

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
I have a dilemma, ultimately I'm looking for a remote for a factory option Mitsubishi 6.5 " LCD screen (without it there's no way to switch it to video in). Mitchy was ever so kind to sell me his but alas due to the lackluster Australia Post it hasn't arrived yet after what do ya reckon Mitch about 2 months?!?

Anyway if any one has a spare one hanging around I'm willing to pay small bucks for it or if anyone has any suggestions how to change it. I have tried a universal remote which didn't work but I didn't try all 1000 different frequencies for it either. Just the main ones.

So the model number of mine is TV-w70d but I think that the remote is the same for the TV-5760w so either way if anyone has one...

Here is a pick of Mitchy's remote and deck... It was the closest I came to it :(

P1010830Large.jpg

P1010828Large.jpg

G

Unregistered
ive got one! :p

but i use it for mine....

do you know how to find on the frequncy from the remote???
if theres a way i can always give it a go? to see if you can use your universal.

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Once you switch it to Vid in does it stay that way or do you need to switch it over every time you use it....

Oh you suck btw :p

I'll ask the nerds at my work if they know of such a concept...

G

Unregistered
it will stay that way till the batterys disconnected, or goes flat

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Are you visiting SA soon? :)

G

Unregistered
probably got more chance of Gly making it to SA than that parcel! :(

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
lol!

Fark I'm so pissed off about it though, I can picture it under a desk or something in the Aus Post office... It's close yet so far... And it's like only .00001% of the population that can use it!!!

Aaaaarrrrrgggghhhh!!! Damn Aus Post...

G

Unregistered
lol, i dont have a passport or money to travel,
but if you pay ill come over and let you borrow my remote :p

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Or you could buy a universal remote, send it to Carsten to program it (and test it with his), then get him to ship it back...?

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
How would it be different if he programmed it? Sorry I'm a bit daft...

G

Unregistered
i dunno how universal remotes work??

can they detect the frequency off a good working remote??

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Yup :) Usually you point your original remote at the universal, press the button you want to record and the corresponding button on the universal (in record mode of course) and map your buttons like that, one after another. Then you should be able to use the coded universal remote to control your unit as though you were using the factory remote :)

I believe Mitch and some others on here have a good working knowledge of the Logitech remotes, so hopefully one of them will see this and pipe in with some more specific details.

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Mitch man, you really need to try sending things at another post office. They seem to hate you and want you to suffer horribly when the people you are sending stuff too never get it and crack the shits!

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
you get this sorted?

Nah not yet, I'm not sure where to start... Which remote is the best to copy another one?

I think I still hope for it to rock up sometime out of the blue... I hate Australia Post.

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
I thought I'd bring this up again as a few more cars have landed since...

Sooooooo anyone got one of these sukas (remote) they want to sell???

Just to save a this suggestion, the logitech remotes are expensive and I'm a tight wad (Scottish descendant you see)...

It's sooooo annoying, just sitting there waiting to be used.... :(

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Do you mean the motorised single-din pop-out GPS screen?

cheers

Lee

Yeah, there's a pic of it on the start of this thread... But there are a few models that the remote is compatible with...

Why you got one lying around? :)

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Sorry, should have read the first post again :)

I have one of the really old ones (my car is a 96) so not sure if it would work. I think I still have the remote if you are keen.

You can see it in this pic above the stero head unit.

IMG_4541.jpg

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Ok kids, sound the Trumpets, mods close this thread... My Journey is over, I have my original remote back... The Chef found it in his stash :)

Hooorah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom