1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
Hey peoples,

Josh here from northside of Brisbane, but youd probably see me south just as often.. Recently bought myself a 1996 VR-4 Galant and came across these forums around the same time.

Figured it'd be good to settle into one of these communities cause then i can see how many other people have these cars.

So far i been asked over 5 times what it is / how it drives in the first week of owning the car, i just love how they arent very common here yet :) hopefully it stays that way.... but i doubt it.

Ill be quick, i work in Real Estate, and am studying a degree in Engineering (electrical, but may change..) Petrol runs in my blood, my dad and his 2 brothers have always been into V8s and watch bathurst and all that, i never really caught on until i got my licence in 2005. (yes, im a youngin ;))

Started getting to know more about cars, reading hundreds of forums, websites, howstuffworks.com, pretty much anything i could to find out more. First car (this vr4 is my 2nd) was just a 2000 GLi Lancer so yeah its a bit of an upgrade..) was japanese (though not imported) so i started looking more into that sort of thing. Quickly got attuned to turbos and how they worked, and all the little details like that, and wished i didnt buy the lancer, and got something a little less sluggish.

Lost my licence for 6 months, got it back 3 weeks ago, got the galant last week, and im loving it. Learnt my speeding lesson in that lancer, sold it while i was on my suspension.

Well, this is probably more than enough of a 'introduction' and ive probably missed / skipped heaps of other crap i didnt think of, but yeah. Ill be pretty active around here, and look for my vr4 on the rides page :) (if i remember, ill edit this and link it..)

Ok if you check members rides the pics are there now.. by the way its 1996 but its not the old shape, its the 96-02 ones :) twin turbo 2.5 v6.

http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1594 (link)

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Gidday...you will have to talk with Christian bout the wonderful things you can do with the old Galants! What colour you got? Where you based?

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
i didnt think it was 'that' old :D but yeah ill be spending some money when i got more of it..

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
grey, living at chermside at the moment, but you will see me occasionally in redcliffe and runcorn

G

Unregistered
Welcome to OZVR4!!

I'm studying Engineering as well, I was doing Computer Systems (which is exactly the same as Electrical for the first 2 years), but have now changed to Mechatronics.

Top Bottom