YouTube videos

Abusive

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 Legnum
I thoroughly enjoyed that, especially the old skool stuff. Takes me back to much more painful days. :)

tsai1

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Ben
Drive
01 legnum
yup I still have the scars from those days.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
Bike parkour? What happened to flatland or trial riding? Or is that not cool anymore?

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
Question. I have tried to handbrake turn before but it locks the front wheels aswell. Why is this so? I've driven a wrx and u can keep the fronts pulling with power and drag the rear with the hand brake on. Do we have a different centre diff that won't slip between front and rear diffs?

Only ever tried it once as I didn't want to do damage to anything. This clip shows him e brake and not lock the fronts.

Edit. Oh dayum that looks good in action. Very unsettled though. Needs a better suspension setup. Or is this just how they are when pushing hard with extra weight over an evo.

Frenche

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
1998 Legnum VR-4
1988 Mazda MX-6 Turbo
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV-6
That was awesome to watch, looks like the driver was having fun

96vr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
AJ
Drive
Legnum with twin GT25R upgrade.
Question. I have tried to handbrake turn before but it locks the front wheels aswell. Why is this so? I've driven a wrx and u can keep the fronts pulling with power and drag the rear with the hand brake on. Do we have a different centre diff that won't slip between front and rear diffs?

Only ever tried it once as I didn't want to do damage to anything. This clip shows him e brake and not lock the fronts.

Edit. Oh dayum that looks good in action. Very unsettled though. Needs a better suspension setup. Or is this just how they are when pushing hard with extra weight over an evo.
I was wondering the same thing! I've tried it once to and it locked all four up.. I'll have a closer look when my Leggy's in bits after my holiday :)

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
Damn so jealous. They got ice. Bahahahaha

Unco_Tomato

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
1996 White Manual Legnum w/ FL Kit
Nice, went a little bit further than sideways at the end of that first vid :)

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant

At a guess maybe his locked/welded up the gearbox to make it RWD ? ? ?
Ive seen a fair bit of the 7th gen awd Galants that people have locked/welded the gearbox to make it rwd, and im sure ive heard a few in New Zealand that have done it to their 8th Gen Galant/Legnum.

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
Nah it's definitely 4wd as the fronts are smoking as he is coming outta the u turns.

Kenneth

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Kenneth
Drive
1999 Galant VR-4
All you would need to do is remove the viscous coupler in the transfer case. Would want LSD front and rear diffs though.

G

Unregistered
Watched my Mechanic tune this the other day. He has gone turncoat on me and the Mitsubishis!!
What a beast! Not bad for a 38 degree dyno cell with 95% humidity, cant wait to see it with the new massive cooler and 35ish Psi :p, around 730Nm of torque too!

BFun

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
'99 Legnum VR-4 Type-S
Insane speed through those corners and how it manages to get through those chicanes that quickly, I have no idea.

Akys

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alvin
Drive
1996 Trigger Mauve Galant VR4
Insane speed through those corners and how it manages to get through those chicanes that quickly, I have no idea.

incredible car and driving skill. I wanna see a footage of the in-car shot.

Top Bottom