zero1 says hi from brissy

G

Unregistered
hey guys,

time to introduce myself.. im will, currently driving a shitty runaround Liberty Wagon :rolleyes:, live @ northside brisbane

I have just sold my pride & joy, a 95 Liberty Sedan "RSB" w/ 206kw Twin Turbo conversion.. from what id imagine it had very similar power output to the vr4s (except a 2.0L 4cyl boxer engine, not a v6)

I'm a huge subaru fan, but after noticing a few later model legnums/galants driving around, i couldnt help but notice how damn hott they are, so I thought I'd sign up to these forums and see what the vr4s are all about

So basically I'm here to decide whether my next car will be a vr4 (probs a galant, cause i prefer sedans), so any advice on buying, performance, auto vs. manual (i would definitely prefer manual) etc would be very welcome,

thanks!

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
mate u're making the right decision. I'm in a GT Foz at the moment and making plans to move to a Legnum, and Nick on here used to be a GT Foz owner also who has already made the move. From what I gather you will definately not regret it.

Manuals are pretty hard to come by, I would prefer one also, but I'm leaning more towards a good quality car with a great interior so if I have to forego the manual I probably will.

G

Unregistered
yeh, omg the interiors look bloody awesome!
completely pwns any gen2 liberty interior

i think i will always hav a soft spot for subi's, but compared to say a newish gt or a b4, the vr4s are definitely cheaper, and much less common on the roads (good thing, i think)

ill hav to try a few out, see how they drive

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Hi Will,

have a look in the East Coast section - we have a few get togethers being organised at the moment. Come and say hi and I'm sure you can have a drive of someones car to get an idea of how they go (you may even be able to drive a couple to compare if you're lucky!)

cheers

Lee

G

Unregistered
Hey will I have always been a subi man having owned six myself. Ranging from very fast wrx's to crazy 10" lift kitted Brumbys. You will not be dissappointed with the Legnums or Galants. Great handling , lots of power and much better build quality , more solid.

G

Unregistered
cheers lee, that sounds rad, i think i will hav to drop by on one of them

that's very promising to hear benny, coming from an experienced subi driver
i definitely would not mind a more solidly built car

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Giday Will, prepare to be converted big time!!

This is coming from a highly biased mitsibishi man ofcourse but I think you'll find that the technology in these cars is beyond anything any other make had put out at the time.

Just check out some of the write-ups in the FAQ's section and you'll see that these cars are just one short of being living tissue over metal endo-skeleton!!!:D

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
welcome Will.. hope you enjoy the stay here and find the car you want.. I myself own a Galant, I prefer it over the Leggy since I'm still single.. :D if you're after performance, my opinion.. get the manual.. but be sure to replace the stock clutch with a HDCB ones.. I haven't replaced mine but from reading from Msport (NZ), CVR4 and other forums.. they said CB is the way to go..

come say hello at the meet that we're organizing.. :D

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Hey Will,

Welcome along! You'll be able to find heaps of info on here about what's available and how difficult it is to find various options. Basically around 10% of the cars were manual, so if you really want one you're already talking premium dollars... and that's before you consider colours (about 40% of the cars were white, apparently!) and other options like sunrooves.

Personally I suggest finding the list of absolute must-have options that are difficult to replace later (like colour, AYC, Series 1 or 2 (ie Pre-Facelift or Facelift) roof racks, a sun roof, MMCS etc) and then if you really want recaros and manual transmission get them afterward (with the money and time you've saved getting a car with all the other things). For example, if you want a black manual with recaro seats, a roof rack, MMCS, facelift type S (with AYC) you'll be lucky to EVER see one. Ever.

Oh and if you want a Type S FACELIFT Galant with MT, we aren't aware of the existence of one at all, worldwide, period.

So get an auto with the options you want and swap the transmission - apparently a MT will only cost around $2k and its a bolt-on replacement :)

G

Unregistered
wow so many options and weird acronyms..
i have much to learn!

thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Top Bottom