Magna owner here....Some of you may recognize the numberplates

Crappy old TR magna though :p

[TUFFTR]

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul
Drive
Mitsubishi Magna
Admin? not bad dude! I be checking out your car now....Seems to be the next car of choice after a magna for people moving on.

Well, glad you didn't get an XR6T or something boring like that

cittris

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristian
Drive
2001 Tarmac Black Evo VII
sooo cheap for what they are!!
i love my car! :D

[TUFFTR]

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul
Drive
Mitsubishi Magna
How's my motor going Tuffy? :p
I'll give you the low down of the last 3 months.

Decided after many months of no idle motor and possibly the worlds worst wiring job, it was time for a full re-wire., which was done....$170 on brand new connectors/plugs for every connection on the motor, all hidden wiring (ran in the gaurd) and every connector is a waterproof deutche (dutch?) plug.
Even ran all the gauge wiring in the same loom.
Upon screwing in the oil pressure sender into the oil pump...i stupidly.....screwed it in way too much and cracked the thread it goes onto.
So, timing belt off, luckily I purchased another 3.5L DOHC block from a guy in SA so I just swapped that oil pump on it.
Got it all back together, managed to snap a bolt off holding the sump on, so sump off (twice) to get the bolt out. finally got it idling right cold and hot and took it out for its first spin today in 3 months.....yeah...felt goooooooooooooooodd.....it has got soooooooo much torque i'm just itching to take this down the 1/4

Lessons learnt
Don't overtighen bolts. -_-

Upside, now I can doa DOHc timing belt with my god damn eyes closed!

Going to get some pictures of it this weekend as it's all tidy and washed and AWESOME...god I was so embarrassed with my wiring before...

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
I know that name anywhere... The TR always looked good in the flesh :)

CLuTZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andre
Drive
C73A Lancer GSR, G6E Turbo MK2
offset fail though!

Magnas are so easy to get good fitment on. There's no excuses!

Yeah I hear what you guys are saying! They were the rims off my old EVO 1- which are a crazy 4 and 5x114.3! I had them lying around and some spare tyres off my old RVR so chucked them on anyway... They're only 7.5" wide plus there is no offset stamp on any one of the rims either, and didn't think they'd look so narrow on the wagon until I chucked them on! Running too small tyre (225x40 instead of 235x40) makes a bit of a difference too.

dsc0768c.jpg

I was patient enough to score some 18" Enkei Tarmacs that were supposed to be 8.5" wide and clear brembos, but turned out to only be 7.5" wide, but the offset is a tad bit better than the Racing Harts. Could still do with 10mm spacers though- these wheels have countersunk holes on the back, ready for them too.

img1304vl.jpg

I do up to 1000kms a week for work which is why I chose an N/A wagon instead of a leggie! That might change by the end of the year tho- as the flood of late model EVO's into Aussie has brought the prices of EC5x's down with it!

Would love a black facelift type-s with leather... one day....

I originally bought the wagon to keep it mitsi, but jeez there's millions of these things on the roads- wouldnt mind something a little more unique. I was on Sydney Rd last night heading South at the Western Ring Road bridge and I lined up next to not 1, not 2 but 3 other 3rd gen magnas! Was a 4some at the lights! Ha!

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
I can't believe that Seth hasn't made an appearance in this thread yet!

Owned it for 10 years before selling it off to a 17yo kid on his L plates.

1995 Mitsubishi TS Magna GLX with a KS Verada complex
2.6L Astron II (carburetted, that's right).

seth04gg2.jpg

...and this is where it all started. A former lease vehicle back in 1997.

seth03na8.jpg

One of my favourite shots, Westfield Southland (VIC) car park roof.

sethc.jpg

Parked in Shepparton, heading home to Melbourne from Katandra West in 2007.

seth2.jpg

At some eco-resort at Phillip Island (VIC), a week before I sold it and hadn't had the chance to spray the replacement rear bar.

The car apparently makes an appearance in the Lilydale area around Melbourne and the CBD. Lotsa memories this car... especially when my mates associated me with it, and vice versa.

[TUFFTR]

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul
Drive
Mitsubishi Magna
Well good to see you made your way into another sexier wagon after it..

Would of loved a wagon to do up! You just don;t see any TR/TS wagons "done up" EVER these days.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
I have a soft spot for KS verada wagons... especially the very rare "Tourers" with the JDM dash cluster, leather interior option and running Batmobile-spec Magna VR-X factory 17" rims (like mine).

Black is a BITCH to keep clean. Notice the first photo taken in 1997 (when I was 20) and the last photo. That's the condition I kept the car in!

I put on some 2nd hand 16" rims, got it lowered, changed it to some Pedders shocks as well at the time, painted up the calipers with six coats of red which still held up well after 10 years. Do it once, do it right.

Our mates wistfully speak about "Seth" and all the drunk-arsed misadventures (as in, collecting mates like dead-weights and throwing them into the tarp-lined rear seats, with holes cut for the seatbelts and "sealed" with gaffer tape.

M

Mitchie

Unregistered
I had a 97 Altra magna. It was my P plater car Loved it bits! sat on 18in Cheeta Rim, Lowered on some King springs and shocks, Rockford x2 12in subs and that little dump exhaust. Sold it for the Yellow R33. I totally wish I do not do that. I still see the car around Tamworth, always look to see if its for sale :tongue_smilie:

Attachments

• magna 0011.jpg
    magna 0011.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 118
  • magna 0021.jpg
    magna 0021.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 119

[TUFFTR]

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul
Drive
Mitsubishi Magna
Buzz - The KS touring wagons didnt have many options over stock.
The S2 VRX rims you mention are on a mates touring wagon of mine but that was done by the owner, they were not done by Mitsubishi at factory.
All they got different were the headlight washers, digital clock, manual transmission, blue interior and badges. Besides that the dash cluster was the same aswell :p
No 2nd gens had factory 17"s unfortunately :(

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Not at all re: rims, I should re-state keeping things in the family and getting those VR-X series II wheelies and chucking them on.

Then again, what I just did is like a Commodore pilot whacking on rims from the VE SS on their current ride :D

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
ex-Magna owner here.

My previous rides:

007.jpg
006.JPG

Top Bottom